COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State sports on the Inside the Shoe podcast brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb recaps another Ohio State victory, the latest an 82-64 win against Iowa on Saturday before a sellout crowd of 18,809. With the win, combined with a Purdue loss to Michigan State over the weekend, the Buckeyes now sit alone in first place in the Big Ten and are expected to be ranked in the top 10 in the AP poll on Monday for the first time since Jan. 6, 2014.
Among those in the full house on Saturday was a huge list of recruits, including the top-rated basketball player in the state of Ohio for the 2019 class, Alonzo Gaffney. Kyle discusses the impact of the atmosphere and importance of selling a vision to those high school students.
Also discussed on the show is the debut of four new Cleveland Cavaliers in a 121-99 victory on Sunday over Boston and a report of Ohio State’s likely new hire for the vacant defensive backs coach position … a new but familiar face.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Monday include:
- Ohio State’s workmanlike 82-64 dispatching of Iowa on Saturday as the Buckeyes cruised to a lead that topped out at 28 points in the second half.
- The importance of the sellout at Value City Arena over the weekend and how the atmosphere came at a perfect time with a large contingent of recruits on campus for the victory.
- A huge upcoming week with games against Penn State on Thursday and Michigan on Saturday. The Buckeyes could clinch a share of the Big Ten regular-season title and the No. 1 seed in the conference tournament by winning three of the four remaining games.
- Reports that Ohio State is set to hire a former assistant for the vacant defensive backs coaching position.
- An impressive showing for the new-look Cavs as Cleveland throttled the Celtics on Sunday in the debut of four players acquired last week.
This week on the podcast, Kyle will catch up on the latest football offseason news with Austin Ward and Ryan Ginn, preview another big week of basketball and look ahead to 2019 football recruiting with Ryan Donnelly.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.
The post Ohio State podcast: Buckeyes alone in first place, set to crack top 10 appeared first on Land of 10.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.