The Buckeyes have consistently had one of the top defensive lines in all of college football since Larry Johnson joined the team’s coaching staff in 2014. That didn’t change in 2017.
Johnson was named the 2017 Defensive Line Coach of the Year by 247Sports.com on Tuesday.
Johnson coached a deep Ohio State defensive line that features Big Ten Defensive Lineman of the Year Nick Bosa and All-Big Ten first-teamer Tyquan Lewis.
Ohio State’s defensive line helped the team’s defense rank No. 7 in the nation against the run (allowing 108.8 rushing yards per game) and contributed to the team’s 37 sacks.
247Sports also named the Coaches of the Year for other positions. The other winners were:
- Quarterbacks: Brandon Streeter, Clemson
- Running backs: Louis Ayeni, Iowa State
- Wide receivers: Kasey Dunn, Oklahoma State
- Offensive line: Sam Pittman, Georgia
- Linebackers: Bob Gregory, Washington
- Secondary: Anthony Campanile, Boston College
The post Ohio State’s Larry Johnson wins 247Sports DL Coach of the Year appeared first on Land of 10.