COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State sports on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. Ohio State must replace J.T. Barrett with one of a trio of quarterbacks. Michigan is looking to hand over the reins at quarterback to Ole Miss transfer Shea Patterson if he’s cleared through an NCAA waiver, or open things up to a pair of others if he isn’t.
On the latest edition of the podcast, Kyle Lamb explains why neither team really can know what it will get in 2018 from its starting signal caller.
Also included on the latest edition, the Buckeyes picked up several 247sports Crystal Ball predictions for a pair of major 2018 recruiting targets.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Tuesday include:
- Why Ole Miss transfer Shea Patterson is no sure thing to be approved for immediate eligibility by the NCAA, and we discuss the process by which he must attain eligibility if he is to start at quarterback for Michigan next season.
- The Buckeyes will have a ton of weapons, but will they have a quarterback to count on early in the 2018 season? Despite the early edge to Dwayne Haskins, the race for the Buckeyes’ QB position is wide open.
- Will the Ohio State defense be prepared to pick up the slack early next season while the team breaks in the new quarterback?
- Has the outlook improved for the Buckeyes in recruiting in a quest to land a number of defensive ends for the 2018 class?
- Ohio State picked up several 247sports Crystal Ball predictions for two more major recruiting targets in the top-rated national class for 2018.
On the Inside the Shoe podcast this week, Kyle will have both Austin Ward and Ryan Ginn on the show to begin previewing the Dec. 29 Cotton Bowl against USC.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.
The post Ohio State football podcast: Neither Michigan nor Ohio State have sure things at quarterback in 2018 appeared first on Land of 10.