COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb discusses the growing expectation that the Buckeyes are about to land a pair of major defensive end targets after Thursday saw more than a dozen combined Crystal Ball predictions on 247Sports.
Land of 10’s Austin Ward also joins Kyle on the Friday show to discuss the Cotton Bowl matchup against USC, bowl season, J.T. Barrett deserving to play his final game and speculation about possible NFL departures after the season.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe on Friday include:
- Some of the many exciting bowl matchups both in the Big Ten and nationally beginning this weekend.
- The workmanlike nature of the Ohio State football team readying for the Cotton Bowl on Dec. 29 against USC.
- J.T. Barrett’s final game with the Buckeyes and the silliness of a few people calling for Dwayne Haskins to start in place of Barrett in the Cotton Bowl.
- Whether non-playoff bowl games should be an extension of the season or rather treated the same as exhibition games.
- The likelihood of cornerback Denzel Ward leaving after the season given his appearance on several NFL scouting lists, which have him going as a high first-round pick.
- Wondering about the future of several underclassmen, including Sam Hubbard, Jerome Baker, Dre’Mont Jones, Johnnie Dixon, Parris Campbell and Mike Weber Jr.
On the Monday edition, Kyle will preview college football’s early signing period that starts Wednesday, continue to preview the USC game and begin to look ahead to a big week for Ohio State basketball. The week includes a showdown with North Carolina in the CBS Sports Classic on Dec. 23 in New Orleans.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.
The post Ohio State football podcast: Buckeyes on verge of picking up 2 huge defensive end targets appeared first on Land of 10.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.