COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb says you can shed the doom, gloom, and the dire outlook for the Buckeyes’ 2018 recruiting efforts and instead celebrate after the addition of two 4-star commits on Tuesday.
Also discussed on the latest edition is how USC quarterback Sam Darnold may be a cautionary tale for why hype can reach excessive levels during the offseason and why the hype is gaining steam for the Ohio State basketball team.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe on Wednesday include:
- A commitment from St. Louis wide receiver Kamryn Babb, a pledge that’s long been expected, and whether his teammate and fellow receiver Cameron Brown might be next.
- Another huge defensive tackle commitment, this one from Tommy Togiai, who is one of the top 10 at his position.
- How the script has been flipped since Urban Meyer took over, where once defensive ends instinctively flocked like the swallows to Capistrano and tackles were hit or miss. Now, the tackles are flowing like wine, but the ends have yet to fall in line.
- Why Michigan continues to chase Ohio State despite narrowing the gap in the past three years.
- Sam Darnold as a reminder that offseason hype doesn’t always live up to the billing.
- The disappointing USC defense and the added pressure it’s put on USC’s maligned offensive line and Darnold himself.
- Why the national media is starting to believe in Ohio State’s basketball team. Despite being early in the season, the hype is welcome.
On the Inside the Shoe podcast on Thursday, Austin Ward will join Kyle to preview USC and talk all things bowl season.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.
The post Ohio State football podcast: Buckeyes’ recruiting demise exaggerated as 2 more targets commit appeared first on Land of 10.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.