COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb discusses a tweet over the weekend from defensive end prospect Jayson Oweh regarding a visit from Ohio State coach Urban Meyer and assistants Larry Johnson and Greg Schiano.
Oweh, long assumed to be headed to Ohio State or Penn State, will decide between the two this week, according to an interview he gave to 247Sports.
In addition to a discussion of Oweh’s destination, Kyle attempts to predict where several recruiting targets will sign when the early signing period begins on Wednesday, and he also tries to make sense of visits made by commitments Emory Jones and Jaiden Woodbey over the weekend. Also on the latest edition, a recap of Ohio State’s 80-67 basketball win on Saturday against Appalachian State.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Monday include:
- Blairstown, N.J., defensive end Jayson Oweh’s comment regarding an “enlightening talk” he had with Ohio State coaches on Friday evening and whether the Buckeyes have pulled ahead in the race. Oweh told 247Sports he’s down to the Buckeyes and Penn State.
- A pair of official visits made by both Emory Jones and Jaiden Woodbey over the weekend. Will either one flip to other schools?
- Whether the Buckeyes will wind up with a huge parlay on the defensive line on Wednesday.
- A prediction for several 2018 recruits, including Chris Olave, Cameron Brown, Christopher Oats and Jackson Carman.
- Highlights of Ohio State’s 80-67 basketball win against Appalachian State and positives from the game, including just 11 turnovers.
- Can the Buckeyes continue to win games without lighting the nets on fire from 3-point range?
On the Inside the Shoe podcast on Tuesday, we will continue to preview the early signing period beginning Wednesday and continue counting down to the Dec. 29 Cotton Bowl against USC. Also this week, a preview of the big CBS Sports Classic basketball showdown Saturday against North Carolina in New Orleans.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.
The post Ohio State football podcast: Buckeyes make final pitch to Jayson Oweh as signing day nears appeared first on Land of 10.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.