COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football and basketball on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. In the latest edition, Austin Ward joins Kyle Lamb to discuss the latest raises coming to several Ohio State assistant coaches, including a pair of them becoming the first Buckeyes’ assistants to crack the $1 million barrier. The hefty raises and extensions also call into question if perhaps they’ll be sticking around longer than most people originally thought.
While Ohio State was busy taking care of the coaches, Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports wrote an article this week discussing the largest year-over-year attendance drop in FBS football in over three decades. We discuss whether the coaches’ salary bubble is about to burst and if this revenue model is sustainable. Also discussed, more on Taver Johnson’s return and Mike Weber’s disdain for all things Alabama.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Thursday include:
- More on the return of Taver Johnson as defensive backs coach for the Buckeyes and how he’ll fit within the defense for coordinator Greg Schiano and company.
- Raises for almost the entire football coaching staff, including extra incentives heading the way of QB coach and co-offensive coordinator Ryan Day as well as Schiano. Reportedly, the pair will crack $1 million for 2018, which is the first time anyone has hit that mark for the Buckeyes.
- Tweets by Mike Weber last week poking fun at the Alabama program.
- A CBS Sports report on declining college football attendance, including the biggest drop in 34 years.
- Whether we’ve reached the point where attendance and television contracts for college football have plateaued and coaching salaries will begin to subside.
On the Friday edition, Kyle will recap the Ohio State-Penn State basketball game, which begins at 8 p.m. ET Thursday on BTN and Ryan Donnelly will join to preview some of the key targets in the 2019 football recruiting class.
The post Ohio State football podcast: Buckeyes join rat race with assistant coaches’ salaries appeared first on Land of 10.