COLUMBUS, Ohio — Get insight and reaction to Ohio State football on the Inside the Shoe podcast, brought to you by Land of 10. On the latest edition, Kyle Lamb and Ryan Ginn dish plenty of superlatives for the Ohio State defense, including the improvement of the linebackers and the stellar performance of Denzel Ward.
Also discussed Thursday is the potential of Binjimen Victor and Trevon Grimes, as well as the newly formed commission to fix college basketball, which will include Ohio State athletic director Gene Smith.
Every episode of Inside the Shoe can be found here.
Other topics discussed on Inside the Shoe Thursday include:
- The stifling performance against Maryland last weekend and whether it should be viewed as a quality win.
- Ohio State’s upcoming game against Nebraska on Saturday, as well as whether Cornhuskers quarterback Tanner Lee will pose a threat to the Buckeyes defense.
- Improvement by the Ohio State linebackers and the emergence of freshmen Tuf Borland while filling in for the injured Chris Worley.
- The status of Grimes and if Ohio State coaches should be regretful they elected not to redshirt him.
- Victor’s potential, whether he has fully arrived on a consistent basis and just how good he might be in the future.
- Ward’s emergence as a shut-down corner thus far this season, which has resulted in just 1 reception allowed in the past five games against him.
- More on the college basketball scandal, which led to a commission formed on Wednesday that includes Ohio State’s Gene Smith.
- Will the college basketball committee be successful with its attempt to fix the sport?
Join us on the Inside the Shoe podcast Friday as Jeremy Birmingham joins Kyle to talk recruiting and also preview the Nebraska game.
If you enjoy the show, please rate, review and subscribe on iTunes.
The post Ohio State football podcast: Buckeyes defense is ready for prime time appeared first on Land of 10.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.