Join us daily at ACC DieHards for the latest North Carolina recruiting news and notes on the next crop of Tar Heels. Don’t miss any coverage from Cody Pace and the DieHards.com team. Read his daily notebooks here at 9 a.m. ET Monday through Friday. In this edition, we recap the slate of high school football games in Week 10 for the Tar Heels’ Class of 2018.
Compared to how the 2017 season has gone so far, it wasn’t a particularly great weekend to be a member of North Carolina’s Class of 2018 on the gridiron.
The class, which has won a majority of its games, went 6-3 in its nine games, with 4-star athlete Dyami Brown and his West Mecklenburg on a bye week.
Even with the group’s teams having an off week, there were still a handful of stellar performances. Here’s how the class performed over the weekend:
Jordyn Adams, 4-star WR, Cary, N.C.
Jordyn Adams came into the week tied for the lead among Tar Heels commits in touchdown catches with 6. He took advantage of Brown’s bye week to take sole possession as he hauled in a 60-yard touchdown grab to help Green Hope (7-2, 3-0 Triangle 6 4-A) topple Riverside-Durham 31-14.
— Green Hope Athletics (@GHFALCONS) October 22, 2017
Chris Collins, 3-star DE, Richmond, Va.
It was a rough weekend for Benedictine College Preparatory (4-3, 3-0 VISAA Freelance), which fell 35-26 to Woodberry Forest, but not for its star two-way player Chris Collins.
As a tight end, Collins caught 2 passes for 86 yards. On defense, Collins recorded 4 tackles and a sack, giving him 4.5 on the season.
Bryson Richardson, 3-star S, Buford, Ga.
Things couldn’t get much better for Buford High School, which improved to 6-1 on the season and a perfect 4-0 in Region 8 5-A with a 49-0 rout of Walnut Grove over the weekend.
Bryson Richardson, its star safety, recorded 5 tackles in the game as Buford pitched its third consecutive shutout.
- Payton Wilson, a 4-star outside linebacker from Hillsborough, N.C., saw his team’s 5-game winning streak snapped as Orange High School (6-2, 3-1 Big Eight 3-A) fell 21-20 to Northwood. Wilson recorded 10 tackles and a tackle for loss in the game.
- Avery Jones, a 4-star tackle from Havelock, N.C., and Havelock (8-1, 3-0 Coastal 3-A) continued to coast through their schedule with a 31-14 win over Northside-Jacksonville.
- Jace Ruder, a 3-star dual-threat quarterback from Norton, Kan., experienced a crushing loss for the second time this season with Norton High School (6-2, 2-2 Mid-Continent) fell 56-0 to Phillipsburg.
- Trey Morrison, a 3-star athlete from Norcross, Ga., rushed for a touchdown to help Greater Atlanta Christian (8-1, 5-0 Region 7 3-A) beat North Hall 56-6.
- Javon Terry, a 3-star safety from Wake Forest, N.C., helped Wake Forest(9-0, 3-0 4-A Northern) roll to its ninth win this season with a 42-6 win over Rolesville.
- DeAndre Hollins, a 3-star corner from Tampa, Fla., and Jefferson (5-2, 2-0 District 10 5-A) beat Spoto 35-13.
Updated season stats:
Note: Player statistics will be added as they’re updated. Check back frequently for the most updated statistics for the season. Rows in bold reflect up-to-date stats.
Miss a previous edition? Find every ACC DieHards daily North Carolina Tar Heels recruiting notebook right here.
The post North Carolina recruiting: Recapping Week 10 of high school football season for Tar Heels’ class appeared first on Diehards.