P.J. Fleck has the Minnesota Gophers’ 2018 football recruiting class just about wrapped up already.
Minnesota hasn’t received a verbal commit since football season started, and that’s likely by design. The Gophers racked up commitments before the season started, and are in no hurry to add bodies just to fill out their class.
Below, find a commit list, rankings and all the latest news on Minnesota recruiting.
Where Minnesota’s 2018 recruiting class ranks
The Gophers are 35th in the 247Sports composite class rankings for 2018 and eighth in the Big Ten. In the Big Ten West, they trail only Wisconsin and Nebraska. All 22 of Minnesota’s commits are 3-star recruits on the 247Sports composite.
Latest news for Minnesota recruiting
CB Shamaur McDowell decommitted from the Gophers.
Minnesota has not landed a commit in August or September. Fleck did give a walk-on kicker a scholarship using a T-shirt cannon, though.
Minnesota’s 2018 offers, by the numbers
- Reported offers: 252
- 5-star offers: 2
- 4-star offers: 74
- In-state recruits offered: 5
- Ohio recruits offered: 30
- Georgia recruits offered: 39
- Texas recruits offered: 37
- Florida recruits offered: 33
Minnesota football commits for 2018
- 3-star DT Elijah Teague, Chicago
- 3-star QB Brennan Armstrong, Shelby, Ohio
- 3-star CB Terell Smith, Snellville, Ga.
- 3-star WR Jornell Manns, Mansfield, Ohio
- 3-star CB Benjamin Sapp III, Eden Prairie, Minn.
- 3-star RB Nolan Edmonds, Atlanta
- 3-star OLB Braelen Oliver, Douglasville, Ga.
- 3-star WR Rashod Bateman, Tifton, Ga.
- 3-star SDE Abi Okonji, Snellville, Ga.
- 3-star OG Austin Beier, Toledo, Ohio
- 3-star DT Logan Richter, Perham, Minn.
- 3-star CB Tyrik Henderson, Carol Stream, Ill.
- 3-star SDE Mayan Ahanotu, Tampa, Fla.
- 3-star OT Grant Norton, Camdenton, Mo.
- 3-star WR Erik Gibson, Detroit
- 3-star TE Brevyn Spann-Ford, St. Cloud, Minn.
- 3-star RB Bryce Williams, Sarasota, Fla.
- 3-star OLB Thomas Rush, Marysville, Ohio
- 3-star OT Jack York, Dallas
- 3-star CB Shamaur McDowell, Zephyrhills, Fla.
- 3-star ATH Josh Aune, Saint Paul, Minn.
- 3-star ILB Mariano Sori-Marin, New Lenox, Ill.
- 3-star C Nathan Boe, Lakeville, Minn.
Minnesota’s top 4 uncommitted targets
4-star WR Kamryn Babb, Saint Louis
He’s going to be a long shot. Kamryn Babb has long been considered an Ohio State lean, and Minnesota doesn’t seem to be a huge player in his recruitment. That said, Babb recently suffered a torn ACL in his right knee, which potentially could hurt his status.
3-star WR Meechi Harris, Xenia, Ohio
Minnesota already has three receivers committed, but another one wouldn’t hurt. Minnesota trails Kentucky and Michigan State in Meechi Harris’ recruitment.
3-star safety Dallas Craddieth, Florissant, Mo.
It looks as if the Gophers will have to overtake at least one other Big Ten team to get Dallas Craddieth. Iowa and Missouri appear to be his lead suitors at the moment.
Minnesota’s 2018 commits: positional breakdown
- QB: 1
- RB 2
- WR: 3
- TE: 1
- OT: 2
- OG: 1
- OC: 1
- DE: 2
- DT: 2
- ILB: 1
- OLB: 2
- CB: 4
- ATH: 1
Minnesota’s 2018 commits: geographical breakdown
- Minnesota: 5
- Georgia: 5
- Ohio: 4
- Florida: 3
- Illinois: 3
- Michigan: 1
- Missouri: 1
- Texas: 1
The post Minnesota recruiting: Latest updates on Gophers’ 2018 football class appeared first on Land of 10.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.