It’s Kentucky-Auburn podcast Part 2 with a little more fun mixed in. Host Curtis Burch and Joe Mussatto recap more of the game and share stories from the road from Auburn to Lexington in the latest episode of Wildcat Country, SEC Country’s daily Kentucky podcast.
Among the topics discussed:
- Curtis wants to know: What should Kentucky give up for Lent? Or better yet, what should the Cats go out of their way to improve upon? Perhaps 3-point shooting. One thing Kentucky fans won’t give up for Lent is criticism of shooting guard Hamidou Diallo. While much of it is fair, it’s not like Kentucky has a wealth of options behind him.
- What’s the latest Kentucky NBA stock report?
- Curtis shares nighttime tales from his Auburn hotel room. It’s not as bad as it sounds.
- Speaking of hotels, there’s a fine lodging option in Auburn that didn’t try very hard when deciding on a name.
- Apparently Louisville is getting serious about courting an NBA team to Kentucky. Check out this piece in the Courier Journal. It’s still hard to imagine this as a serious possibility.
- We also got a brief Kentucky baseball preview from a surprise guest.
- But let’s get back to basketball. Curtis cut up a few clips of Auburn coach Bruce Pearl talking about the potential of this Kentucky team.
- And a report from Yahoo Sports indicates the FBI investigation into college basketball has only just started.
- There’s also a bit of football talk with contract details for new Kentucky assistants Michael Smith and Brad White.
Don’t miss any of our Cats coverage. Follow podcast host @CurtisBurch as well as @KyleTucker_SEC for hoops and football columns and @Joe_Mussatto for football team coverage and basketball recruiting notes.
The post Kentucky Wildcats podcast: Thoughts from the road back to Lexington appeared first on SEC Country.