LEXINGTON, Ky. — The latest episode of Wildcat Country, your daily Kentucky podcast presented by SEC Country, is all about the future. Where will John Calipari’s team be by the end of the season? How long will he coach the Cats? And a conversation with UK’s new quarterback.
- Host Curtis Burch and beat writer Kyle Tucker break down this piece he wrote on how the Wildcats stack up in a much-improved SEC this season. There are seven teams in the league with more top-100 wins that Kentucky’s one.
- Kyle picked Florida to win the SEC in the preseason, UK to finish second and Texas A&M to finish third. If he were revising that now, how would that list change? (HINT: The Aggies are better than expected.) Tennessee is on a roll, Arkansas has stacked up some quality wins and Alabama looks like a really tough out.
- Calipari once said he wouldn’t coach past 60 years old. Now he’s about to be 59 and changing that tune. (Absolutely has to for recruiting purposes.) So how long can we reasonably expect him to stay in the game (and in Lexington?).
- Is it Terry “Touchdown” Wilson or “Touchdown” Terry Wilson? Either way, that will be an exciting nickname for Kentucky football fans as the JUCO transfer and former Oregon quarterback has picked the Wildcats (over Nebraska and Florida among others). Get to know the guy who could be UK’s QB of the future — he has three years of eligibility, by the way — with an extended Q&A.
- Wilson was, probably wisely, guarded in his comments about the chance to win the starting job over Drew Barker, Gunnar Hoak and others next season. But since he’s on Twitter, he probably knows that most of BBN is ready to start him from Day 1.
Don’t miss any of our Cats coverage. Follow podcast host @CurtisBurch as well as @KyleTucker_SEC for hoops and football columns, @Joe_Mussatto for football team coverage, recruiting notes and UK-in-the-NBA rundowns.
The post Kentucky Wildcats podcast: UK vs. SEC basketball and a conversation with QB commit Terry Wilson appeared first on SEC Country.