The latest Wildcat Country podcast comes to you from Auburn, Ala. Host Curtis Burch and Joe Mussatto, who’s filling in for Kyle Tucker, preview Wednesday night’s Kentucky-Auburn game.
SEC Country Auburn beat writer Justin Ferguson also joins the podcast to talk about things from the Tigers’ perspective.
Among the topics discussed:
- Kentucky assistant Kenny Payne met with the media Tuesday afternoon. Curtis and Joe talk about some takeaways from Payne’s presser.
- Kentucky’s season hasn’t gone the way many expected it to on a team level, but the same could be said of Hamidou Diallo’s individual play. The redshirt freshman guard gave an honest assessment of his ‘roller coaster’ season.
- Former Auburn coach and current Kentucky assistant Tony Barbee didn’t make the Auburn trip in 2016, but he’s expected to be on the sidelines Wednesday night. It’s not anything out of the ordinary, but Bruce Pearl asked Auburn fans to ‘be classy’ to Barbee.
- John Calipari has mentioned locker room music a few times. Curtis and Joe try to figure out what he’s talking about.
- Justin joins the podcast and gives a great preview of what to expect from Auburn on Wednesday. The Tigers are looking to increase their lead atop the SEC while the Wildcats are at risk of falling below .500 in league play.