BOISE, Idaho — It’s time. No. 5 Kentucky and No. 12 Davidson tip off at 7:10 p.m. ET Thursday in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.
Host Curtis Burch is joined by UK basketball beat writer Kyle Tucker on the latest episode of Wildcat Country — SEC Country’s daily Kentucky podcast. The whole SEC Country team will be bringing you coverage from Boise this weekend.
Among the topics discussed Thursday:
- The city of Boise was a steady topic of conversation on the first day here. After John Calipari joked “What state is Boise in?,” the people of Boise responded and Calipari had to walk back his comments. Calipari is a big fan of a local donut shop, and those treats helped mend the relationship between the coach and the city.
- While Calipari held his press conference, every Kentucky player was available in the locker room. Jarred Vanderbilt gave an update on his ankle injury, and it’s clear he won’t be playing this weekend. There’s no timetable for when the Wildcats could have him back.
- We also talked to freshman guard Jemarl Baker for the first time since the preseason. He discussed the knee injury that’s kept him out the whole season and his future at Kentucky.
- Kyle and Curtis preview Kentucky’s matchup with Davidson, a program in which its most famous alum, Steph Curry, is still very much a part of things.
- Davidson is an elite 3-point shooting team, and that could be the equalizer as they vie for an upset.
The post Kentucky Wildcats podcast: Dispatch from Boise as Cats begin NCAA Tournament play appeared first on SEC Country.