Eighth-ranked Kentucky basketball will play Monmouth at Madison Square Garden in New York on Saturday, December 9, 2017. Find game time, TV channel and how to watch online below.
Kentucky-Monmouth game time, details
- Time: Noon ET
- Date: Saturday, December 9, 2017
- Location: Madison Square Garden (20,789), New York
- Records: Kentucky 7-1, Monmouth 3-6
- Vegas line: Kentucky by 16
What TV channel is Kentucky-Monmouth on?
You can watch Kentucky vs. Monmouth on ESPNU. Doug Sherman, LaPhonso Ellis and Jill Montgomery will be on the call.
How can I watch Kentucky-Monmouth online?
Stream Kentucky vs. Monmouth on ESPN3.com and the WatchESPN app.
How can I listen to Kentucky-Monmouth on the radio?
Kentucky and Monmouth will be broadcast on the UK Sports Network. That’s 630-AM on Lexington radio and can be streamed at iHeart Radio. You can also listen on XM channel 190 and Sirius channel 137.
- Two UK freshmen, guard Hamidou Diallo and center Nick Richards, are making their New York homecomings Saturday. “It’s going to be great. I haven’t played there in a long time,” Diallo said. “I’ve got a lot of family coming that haven’t seen me play in person in a long time. I’ve never played in the Garden. It’s every kid’s dream who’s from New York to play there.”
- Marcus McClary, a freshman guard for Monmouth, is a former high school teammate of Richards. “You’re friends off the court and after the game and right before the game, but we’re going to compete as basketball players during the game,” said Richards, who is also excited about playing in front of people who supported his dreams for years. “This is one way of me giving back to that community, just showing out for them.”
- Kentucky freshman Kevin Knox is averaging 35.3 minutes per game and no one else on the roster is averaging more than 27.8. “Too many. Too many,” coach John Calipari admitted this week. “He’s in the one position that’s kind of — we don’t have enough. I wish I had two of those (6-foot-9 small forwards) but I don’t. We have one. I can play Wenyen [Gabriel] some there and PJ [Washington] some there, I can go smaller with Hami, but we haven’t done it in practice, so I hate to do stuff in a game that I haven’t worked on … but yeah, he’s playing too many minutes.”
- Keep an eye on Kentucky’s zone defense. According to Synergy Sports, the Cats have used zone on 11.1 percent of their defensive possessions this season — easily the most in the Calipari era. Meanwhile, on the offensive end, only 21.2 percent of UK’s field-goal attempts so far have been 3-pointers — the lowest rate in the Calipari era.
- The Hawks are better than their ugly record. They lost a four-overtime game against Penn, an overtime game against Connecticut and by one point on Wednesday night against Hofstra. Coached by former North Carolina star King Rice — who had 13 assists in a game against Kentucky as a player — Monmouth is coming off 28- and 27-win seasons and consecutive Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference titles. The last two seasons, the Hawks have beaten UCLA, USC, Notre Dame, Georgetown and Memphis.
- Beware junior guard Micah Seaborn, who poured in 27 points against UConn and 23 against Hofstra in the last week and now has 16 career games of 20-plus. He’s made 11 of 17 3-pointers in three games since returning from a minor injury.
The post Kentucky-Monmouth basketball: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online (December 9, 2017) appeared first on SEC Country.