No. 5 seed Kentucky basketball will play No. 12 seed Davidson on Thursday, March 15, 2018, in the first round of the 2018 NCAA Tournament. Find game time, TV channel and how to watch online below.
The reporter was trying to say John Calipari is full of it Wednesday when he asked Davidson coach Bob McKillop if he believes anything the Kentucky coach says.
“I trust everything John says,” McKillop shot back, perhaps surprising some in the room. “John’s first recruit at the University of Massachusetts was a young man who played for me. I was a high school coach at the time. The boy’s name was Kennard Robinson and John went on to ensure that that young man graduated with a master’s degree from the University of Massachusetts and played professional basketball in the Philippines.
“I trusted one of my ‘sons’ with John 30 years ago, 35 years ago, and he honored that trust.”
The 67-year-old McKillop and 59-year-old Calipari will collide Thursday night in the first round of the NCAA Tournament, but it will be a battle of mutual respect.
McKillop has won 554 games at Davidson, coached the Wildcats to nine NCAA Tournaments, been Southern Conference (eight times) and Atlantic 10 Coach of the Year (2015) — and National Coach of the Year in 2008 when he and Steph Curry directed a stunning run to the Elite Eight.
“This is one of the most efficient execution teams I’ve seen in years,” Calipari said of McKillop’s current team, which runs a lot of the same offensive actions as Tennessee (against which UK is 1-2 this season). “They’re not a 12 seed. They won their tournament. They beat St. Bonaventure and [Rhode Island] back-to-back nights. They’re not a 12 seed. This will be a hard game. We know it and our kids know it.”
Kentucky-Davidson game time, details
- Time: 7:10 p.m. ET
- Date: March 15, 2018
- Location: Taco Bell Arena (12,644)
- Records: Kentucky 24-10; Davidson 21-11
- Favorite: Kentucky 4 1/2
What TV channel is Kentucky-Davidson on?
You can watch Kentucky vs. Davidson on CBS. Brian Anderson, Chris Webber and Lisa Byington will be on the call.
How can I watch Kentucky-Davidson online?
Stream Kentucky vs. Davidson online (if you are an eligible subscriber) via the CBS Sports Network site.
How can I listen to Kentucky-Davidson on the radio?
Kentucky and Tennessee will be broadcast on the UK Sports Network. That’s 630-AM on Lexington radio and can be streamed at iHeart Radio. You can also listen on XM channel 202 and Sirius channel 138.
- To avoid the classic 12-seed upset over a 5 seed — there has been at least one of those in 29 of the last 33 years — Kentucky (ranked fourth nationally in 3-point defense) must fend off a 3-point barrage from Davidson (ranked 10th in made threes per game). Steph Curry’s alma mater has made 26 3-pointers in a game this season, making them exactly the kind of (seemingly) fictional team John Calipari always warns could beat Kentucky.
- The Cats won’t have Jarred Vanderbilt for the fourth straight game. He says his injured left ankle is about 70 percent right now and Calipari said he won’t play the team’s top rebounder until he’s closer to 95 percent. Vanderbilt hopes UK can get through the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament and he can get healthy enough to go by the Sweet 16.
- Freshman sharpshooter Jemarl Baker (knee) also won’t be available for the Cats, which isn’t breaking news because he’s sat out the entire season. But we spoke to Baker on Wednesday for the first time since preseason and he addressed his future with the program. (Spoiler: If you were wondering, he hadn’t even considered a transfer.)
- We’ve laid out the glass-half-full and glass-half-empty cases for Kentucky in this NCAA Tournament. Three reasons why the Wildcats will make the Final Four. And three reasons why UK won’t make the Final Four.
- What do the fine people of beautiful Boise, Idaho, think of Calipari acting like their city is some far-flung outpost nobody has ever heard of? Turns out, a lot of them never even heard of him. This is a fun, light-hearted rebuttal from Boise to Cal.
- It’s been 10 years since Curry led Davidson to a dream run to the Elite Eight. The two-time NBA MVP remains a major part of the program.
The post Kentucky-Davidson NCAA Tournament: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online (March 15, 2018) appeared first on SEC Country.