No. 5 seed Kentucky basketball will play No. 13 seed Buffalo on Saturday, March 17, 2018, in the second round of the 2018 NCAA Tournament. Find game time, TV channel and how to watch online below.
Just take care of business. That has to be John Calipari’s message heading into this game, because a young team’s temptation must surely (understandably) be to look ahead to a path that is opening up like the Red Sea for Kentucky to make a fifth Final Four in nine seasons.
Virginia became the first No. 1 seed in history to lose to a No. 16 seed on Friday, meaning that UK’s path to the Elite Eight would be No. 12 seed Davidson, No. 13 seed Buffalo and either No. 16 seed UMBC or No. 9 seed Kansas State. Not exactly the murderer’s row Calipari expected when the bracket was announced.
But the Bulls are in the second round against Kentucky because they smashed Arizona on Thursday, and the Cats can’t start thinking too far ahead. Just take care of business and instead of the No. 1 overall Cavaliers in the Sweet 16, they’d have a very winnable game next Thursday night in Atlanta.
Kentucky-Buffalo game time, details
- Time: 5:15 p.m. ET
- Date: March 17, 2018
- Location: Taco Bell Arena (12,644)
- Records: Kentucky 25-10; Buffalo 27-8
- Favorite: Kentucky by 6
What TV channel is Kentucky-Buffalo on?
You can watch Kentucky vs. Buffalo on CBS. Brian Anderson, Chris Webber and Lisa Byington will be on the call.
How can I watch Kentucky-Buffalo online?
Stream Kentucky vs. Buffalo online (if you are an eligible subscriber) via the CBS Sports Network site.
How can I listen to Kentucky-Buffalo on the radio?
Kentucky and Buffalo will be broadcast on the UK Sports Network. That’s 630-AM on Lexington radio and can be streamed at iHeart Radio. You can also listen on XM channel TBA and Sirius channel TBA.
- Did John Calipari and Buffalo’s coach, Nate Oats, have beef on Friday? Oats first called Calipari a whiner for always bringing up how young his team is — then walked it back a bit. Calipari took exception to the idea he is “whining” when it’s just telling the truth.
- Good Calipari, Bad Calipari: Kentucky players share with us the moment that Calipari was proudest of them and the moment he was maddest at them this season. This is a good look at all sides of the Hall of Fame coach and includes some hilarious descriptions.
- You’ve heard about Shai Gilgeous-Alexander’s now-famous 7 a.m. workouts. This is the story behind them — and a good look at the kind of individual coaching attention that attracts top players to Calipari’s program. Kentucky made SGA, and now he’s made the Cats a title contender.
- Will Jarred Vanderbilt play against Buffalo? Not looking good, guys. But he has an updated percentage of health on his injured left ankle.
- Don’t know much about Buffalo? Never fear: Joe Mussatto got familiar with the Bulls so you can do so in a hurry. Five things to know about Buffalo.
- Wes Clark played Kentucky four times as a point guard at Missouri. He went 0-4. He plays for Buffalo now, dropped 25 points in an upset of Arizona, and wants revenge on the Cats. He explains the Bulls’ chip-on-the-shoulder mentality.
The post Kentucky-Buffalo NCAA Tournament: Game time, TV channel, how to watch online (March 17, 2018) appeared first on SEC Country.