Kentucky dropped its fourth consecutive game with a loss at Auburn on Wednesday night. The Wildcats have five games left in the regular season.
Here’s our weekly update on where Kentucky players are projected in NBA mock drafts and draft big boards.
SF/PF Kevin Knox: 6-9, 215 pounds
- Sports Illustrated: 9th overall to the New York Knicks
- CBS Sports: 9th overall to the Chicago Bulls
- NBAdraft.net: 10th overall to the Philadelphia 76ers
- Bleacher Report: 11th overall to the Charlotte Hornets
- Sporting News: 11th overall to the Charlotte Hornets
- SB Nation: 11th overall to the Utah Jazz
- The Ringer: 11th overall to the Utah Jazz
- ESPN: 12th overall to the Charlotte Hornets
- The Athletic: 12th overall draft prospect
“Knox hasn’t had a very efficient freshman season, partially due to his playing out of position, but there’s a significant market in the NBA for combo forwards in his mold who can make an open shot, defend multiple positions and offer some offensive versatility,” wrote Jonathan Givony of ESPN.
PG Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: 6-6, 180 pounds
- NBAdraft.net: 13th overall to the Utah Jazz
- CBS Sports: 16th overall to the Portland Trail Blazers
- Sports Illustrated: 18th overall to the Phoenix Suns
- Bleacher Report: 19th overall to the Denver Nuggets
- The Athletic: 19th overall draft prospect
- Sporting News: 19th overall to the Utah Jazz
- ESPN: 19th overall to the Chicago Bulls
- SB Nation: 22nd overall to the Phoenix Suns
“This early in the draft Gilgeous-Alexander comes with some added risk, but his skill set is a great theoretical fit with Devin Booker and he’d give Phoenix another ball-handler and setup man,” wrote Jeremy Woo of Sports Illustrated. “As he fills out, his size, length and instincts should allow him to defend the opponent’s top backcourt scorer.”
SG Hamidou Diallo: 6-5, 198 pounds
- SB Nation: 16th overall to the Denver Nuggets
- CBS Sports: 17th overall to the Washington Wizards
- NBAdraft.net: 18th overall to the Philadelphia 76ers
- Sports Illustrated: 28th overall to the Brooklyn Nets
- ESPN: 28th overall to the Brooklyn Nets
- Bleacher Report: 29th overall to the Atlanta Hawks
- The Athletic: 30th overall draft prospect
“Diallo still remains worth gambling on this late in the first round for his explosive athleticism and potential to improve as a ball-handler, shooter and defender,” wrote Jonathan Wasserman of Bleacher Report.
SF Jarred Vanderbilt: 6-9, 214 pounds
- CBS Sports: 14th overall to the Denver Nuggets
- The Athletic: 32nd overall draft prospect
- ESPN: 51st overall draft prospect
“Will Vanderbilt go pro after only starting his freshman season in mid-January because of injury? One would assume yes,” wrote Reid Forgrave of CBS Sports. “Vanderbilt’s versatility and heady game can help overcome his less-than-elite physical tools. When you watch him play, he feels like a natural basketball player.”
C Nick Richards: 6-11, 240 pounds
- ESPN: 52nd overall draft prospect
PF PJ Washington: 6-7, 236 pounds
- ESPN: 53rd overall draft prospect
The post Kentucky basketball: Where are Wildcats projected in 2018 NBA Draft? appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.