Iowa football has some work to do with the new early signing period coming.
Find a list of Iowa’s commits and top targets, plus all the latest Hawkeyes recruiting news, below.
Where Iowa’s recruiting class ranks
Iowa’s 2018 recruiting class is ranked No. 44 nationally and eighth in the Big Ten, according to 247Sports. Thirteen of the Hawkeyes’ commitments rate as 3-star recruits in the 247Sports composite database, while Waggoner is a 4-star prospect.
Latest news for Iowa recruiting
Iowa 2018 offers by the numbers
- Reported offers: 121
- 5-star offers: 3
- 4-star offers: 32
- In-state recruits offered: 5
- Ohio recruits offered: 17
- Illinois recruits offered: 11
- Florida recruits offered: 18
- Missouri recruits offered: 10
Iowa football commits for 2018
There are currently 1 Hawkeyes commits.
- DE John Waggoner, 4 stars, Des Moines, (Iowa)
- CB Donald “D.J.” Johnson, 3 stars, Indianapolis (Ind.)
- S Julius Brents, 3 stars, Indianapolis (Ind.)
- DT Noah Shannon, 3 stars, Oswego (Ill.)
- RB Tyrone Tracy Jr., 3 stars, Indianapolis (Ind.)
- OT Cody Ince, 3 stars, Balsam Lake (Wis.)
- OLB Dillon Doyle, 3 stars, Iowa City (Iowa)
- DT Tyler Linderbaum, 3 stars, Solon (Iowa)
- OG Jeffrey Jenkins, 3 stars, Crystal Lake (Ill.)
- WR Calvin Lockett, 3 star, Largo (Fla.)
- RB Henry Geil, 3 stars, Green Bay (Wis.)
- ATH Samson Evans, 3 stars, Crystal Lake (Ill.)
- OT Jack Plumb, 3 stars, Green Bay (Wis.)
- TE Anthony Torres, 3 stars, Bradenton (Fla.)
- ATH Ben VanSumeren, 3 stars, Essexville (Mich.)
- CB Terry Roberts, 3 stars, Erie (Pa.)
Top uncommitted Iowa target
3-star S, WR Dallas Craddieth, Florissant (Mo.)
It looks like the Hawkeyes will be battling with, Louisville, Nebraska and Missouri for Craddieth’s pledge. A top-10 Missouri recruit for 2018, ranked No. 8, Craddieth most recently updated his favorites list in May. His top-12 list included Big Ten foes Illinois, Michigan State, Minnesota, Purdue and Wisconsin.
Iowa position breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of the number of commitments for each position.
- OL: 3 (Ince, Jenkins, Plumb)
- DL: 3 (Waggoner, Linderbaum, Shannon)
- CB: 2 (Johnson, Roberts)
- RB: 2 (Geil, Tracy)
- OLB: 1 (Doyle)
- ATH: 2 (Evans, VanSumeren)
- TE: 1 (Torres)
- WR: 1 (Lockett)
Here is a breakdown of Iowa’s 2018 commits by state.
- Indiana: 4
- Illinois: 3
- Wisconsin: 3
- Iowa: 3
- Pennsylvania: 1
- Michigan: 1
- Florida: 1
The post Iowa football recruiting: Updates on Hawkeyes’ 2018 class appeared first on Land of 10.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.