Kentucky basketball plays Auburn at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018. Follow along below for the score, live updates and stats from the game.
Kentucky-Auburn score, live updates, stats
FINAL: Auburn 76, Kentucky 66
Auburn’s Bryce Brown hit the dagger with 1:30 left to put the Tigers up 7. Kentucky has lost four consecutive games and drops below .500 (6-7) in league play.
Kentucky led by four with just under eight minutes, but the Cats couldn’t hold on. Kevin Knox had 19 for Kentucky. Bryce Brown had 18 for Auburn.
3:57 2H: Auburn 66, Kentucky 61
Oh how quickly things can change. Auburn is on a 13-4 run since our last update and the Tigers have made 7 of their last 9 shots. Auburn Arena is absolutely rocking. Get ready for a fun finish.
7:52 2H: Kentucky 57, Auburn 53
A couple things are working for the Cats: They’re outshooting Auburn 51 percent to 32 percent. Kentucky has outscored Auburn 32-12 in the paint. Auburn started to hit threes late in the first half, but they’ve since gone cold.
11:21 2H: Kentucky 51, Auburn 50
Kentucky has made five of their last seven shots and the Cats are up to 50 percent from the floor. Knox leads all scorers with 19 points. Kentucky is outscoring Auburn 18-11 in the second half.
13:00 2H: Kentucky 49, Auburn 48
Kentucky has its first lead since the middle of the first half. Wenyen Gabriel drives and dunks, Bruce Pearl calls a timeout. Kentucky is on a 7-0 run in the last 2:59.
15:40 2H: Auburn 48, Kentucky 43
Kentucky’s offense continues to work through Knox. He’s 6 for 11 and obviously enjoys tough road environments. Something to keep an eye on: Gilgeous-Alexander and Vanderbilt have three fouls a piece.
HALFTIME: Auburn 39, Kentucky 33
Kevin Knox leads the Cats with 12 points on 5 of 8 shooting. PJ Washington has 7 points. Auburn is launching everything from deep. The Tigers are 6 of 17 (35 percent) from 3-point range. Kentucky doesn’t have much working in the half-court, but the Cats relied on Kevin Knox’s hot hand.
Kentucky turned it over eight times in the first half. Only one for Auburn.
2:48 1H: Auburn 32, Kentucky 25
Kevin Knox is going to have to carry the Cats in this one. He’s 4 of 7 from the field and 2 of 4 from deep to lead Kentucky with 10 points. No other Kentucky player has more than three points. After starting ice cold, Auburn is starting to heat up from three. The Tigers are 5 of 16 from behind the arc.
7:48 1H: Auburn 19, Kentucky 15
Auburn sprinted out to a 12-2 run since the last break, but things have calmed down a bit. The Tigers are still shooting an ugly 4 of 20. Both teams are in the bonus. It’s just hard to see much offense for Kentucky outside of Kevin Knox and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander.
11:25 1H: Kentucky 10, Auburn 6
No surprise, but things are ugly early. Kentucky has already turned it over eight times. Auburn is 1 of 15 from the field. Yeah, that’s about it. Hamidou Diallo picked up two early fouls so expect to see a Gilgeous-Alexander/Green backcourt for much of the half. Green picked up an intentional foul right before the break.
15:47 1H: Kentucky 5, Auburn 4
Pretty frantic pace to begin this one. Kevin Knox scored the first points of the ball game with a 3-pointer. It’s clear Kentucky can use length to its advantage. Auburn is 1 for 11 and 0 for 6 from 3-point range. Kentucky has only attempted six shots.
- As Auburn SEC Country reporter Justin Ferguson pointed out, all five Kentucky starters are taller than Auburn power forward Desean Murray (6-foot-3).
Update: Kentucky assistant Tony Barbee is in the building. Not a big surprise, but he didn’t make the Auburn trip in 2016. He’s not exactly well-liked in these parts.
Kentucky starters: Gilgeous-Alexander, Diallo, Knox, Gabriel, Richards
Auburn SG Bryce Brown, who is wearing a shoulder brace tonight, will start for the Tigers vs. Kentucky. https://t.co/8TiYzXi9vI
— Justin Ferguson (@JFergusonAU) February 15, 2018
Update: Auburn guard Bryce Brown is expected to play tonight. Brown leads the Tigers in scoring.
Guy at the front of the line told me he's been there since 11:45 a.m. https://t.co/NMTQkjXte3
— Joe Mussatto (@joe_mussatto) February 14, 2018
Kyle Tucker is on vacation so I’ll be filling in for him tonight.
— Joe Mussatto (@joe_mussatto) February 15, 2018
Kentucky-Auburn game time, details
- Time: 9 p.m. ET
- Date: Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2018
- Location: Auburn Arena (9,121), Auburn, Ala.
- Records: Kentucky 17-8 overall, 6-6 SEC; No. 10 Auburn 22-3 overall, 10-2 SEC
- Favorite: Auburn by 8.5
What TV channel is Kentucky-Auburn on?
You can watch Kentucky vs. Auburn on ESPN2. Adam Amin, Dan Dakich, P.J. Carlesimo and Laura Rutledge will be on the call.
How can I watch Kentucky-Auburn online?
Stream Kentucky vs. Auburn on ESPN3.com and the WatchESPN app.
How can I listen to Kentucky-Auburn on the radio?
Kentucky and Auburn will be broadcast on the UK Sports Network. That’s 630-AM on Lexington radio and can be streamed at iHeart Radio. You can also listen on XM channel 190 and Sirius channel 138.
- The last time Auburn was ranked and Kentucky wasn’t was Dec. 27, 1999, when the Tigers were No. 4.
- Ranked Auburn teams are 1-1 all time against unranked Kentucky teams as the No. 17 Tigers defeated the Wildcats 61-60 in Auburn on Feb. 20, 1960, and 20th-ranked Auburn lost 75-71 at Kentucky on Feb. 4, 1987.
- Auburn is looking to win consecutive home games against Kentucky since defeating the Wildcats 77-75 on Feb. 20, 1989, and 74-70 on Jan. 24, 1990, in Beard-Eaves Memorial Coliseum. The Tigers won the last meeting between the two teams in Auburn 75-70 on Jan. 16, 2016.
- Auburn has something that is rare among its competition in the SEC. The three-guard lineup of Bryce Brown (16.6), Mustapha Heron (16.3) and Jared Harper (13.3) all average more than 13 points per game this season. The Tigers are the only team in the conference to have three players average 13 or more points per game. The trio of guards are the only backcourt in the SEC to all average more than 12 points per contest.
- UK is in the midst of its first-ever three-game skid under Calipari.
- Kentucky is 31-18 under Calipari against top 15 AP-ranked teams.
The post FINAL: Auburn 76, Kentucky 66: Recap, analysis, box score appeared first on SEC Country.