Dorian Hardy no longer a Penn State commit following brawl controversy, per report

Dorian Hardy is no longer part of Penn State’s 2018 recruiting class, according to 247Sports. Hardy was involved in a post-practice brawl at Paramus Catholic High School last week and has been in the middle of a controversy stemming from the altercation this week.

Hardy, rated a 4-star defensive end and the No. 174 player in the 2018 recruiting class, initially committed to the Nittany Lions in June.

Hardy has left Paramus Catholic after he was involved in a brawl after a practice last Friday with three other players and one assistant coach. Hardy’s father, Charles, claimed that his son was punched in the face twice by an assistant coach.

That coach, Michael Mitchell, was also the father of a different player involved in the scuffle. Mitchell said that Hardy and another player “ tried to kill” his son.

NJ.com has had detailed accounts of the incident, and the outlet also spoke with Hardy’s mother, who said that her son’s “scholarship was in jeopardy.” It seems she was referencing his offer from Penn State, which appears to have been pulled after the controversy.

Penn State’s 2018 class still sits at 22 players without Hardy and is ranked No. 4 in the nation.

The post Dorian Hardy no longer a Penn State commit following brawl controversy, per report appeared first on Land of 10.

Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X