Welcome to SEC Country’s daily Roll Tide-ings , a rundown of everything happening in Alabama Crimson Tide recruiting with Chris Kirschner. Today, we talk the latest with the most important visitors headed to Tuscaloosa this weekend.
Alabama will host some of its most important targets in both the 2018 and 2019 classes this weekend when it takes on Tennessee in what could be Volunteers coach Butch Jones’ final game before he gets fired.
Here’s a look at where things stand with the Tide’s top targets who will be in town:
Alabama official visitors for Tennessee game
Antwuan Jackson, 4-star JUCO defensive tackle, Blinn (Texas) College — committed to Ohio State
Jackson wasn’t expected to visit until Thursday. If he follows through with the visit, it’ll be a good opportunity for Alabama to sell the Buckeyes commit on how badly the team needs interior defensive linemen in this class. But, Jackson is going to be a hard flip from Ohio State. The Buckeyes were one of his top teams before he signed with Auburn out of high school. He also battled with the Auburn staff to not allow them to block Ohio State as a possible transfer destination.
• Emory Jones, 4-star quarterback, Heard County High School (Franklin, Ga.) — committed to Ohio State
Jones is arguably the most important visitor for the Crimson Tide this weekend as the team continues to try to land a top 2018 quarterback. There are three main options: Jones, 4-star Kentucky commit Jarren Williams and 4-star prospect Tanner McKee. This will be Jones’ fourth visit to Tuscaloosa this year, and that’s not including him attending Alabama’s opener against Florida State in Atlanta. Expect Ohio State to start turning up the heat on other quarterbacks in the coming days because the team can’t continue to wait on if Jones will stick or not. He’s expected to take an official visit to OSU next weekend. A decision to flip or not could come soon after that.
• Jordan Moore, 4-star safety, Yoakum (Texas) High School — committed to Texas A&M
It’s not clear how big of a priority Moore is at this time. As of now, it looks like an opportunity to take a trip with his brother, who is the bigger Alabama target.
• Joshua Moore, 4-star wide receiver, Yoakum (Texas) High School — committed to Nebraska
With Nebraska being an absolute mess, Moore’s recruitment is one to watch. Alabama is recruiting him as an athlete, as the staff believes he can excel on both sides of the ball. Coach Nick Saban actually FaceTimed Moore while he was at the NFL draft this year.
• Penei Sewell, 4-star offensive tackle/guard, St. George (Utah) High School
Sewell will either commit to Alabama or Oregon, and a decision could come soon after this visit to Tuscaloosa. Sewell has been one of the team’s top offensive line targets since early summer. Heading into this trip, Oregon is trending a bit, but from all my conversations with his father, it seems like Alabama is in good shape to land his commitment.
Important targets visiting Tuscaloosa
• Emil Ekiyor, 4-star center/guard, Cathedral High School (Indianapolis) — committed to Michigan
If Ekiyor follows through with this visit, a flip from Michigan should go down. This would be his fourth visit to Alabama. He took an official visit to Tuscaloosa for the Ole Miss game, and after that visit, sources indicated that Ekiyor would likely flip to the Tide at some point.
• Asa Martin, 4-star running back, Austin High School (Decatur, Ala.) — committed to Auburn
Martin visited Tuscaloosa last weekend for the Arkansas game. Back-to-back trips to Tuscaloosa certainly won’t hurt the Tide’s chances of flipping the Auburn commit.
• Coynis Miller, 4-star defensive tackle, Jackson-Olin High School (Birmingham, Ala.) — committed to Auburn
Miller committed to Auburn over Alabama earlier this month. This recruitment isn’t over by any means. Alabama will continue to recruit him strongly. His dad also didn’t look pleased with his son’s decision.
• Christian Tutt, 4-star cornerback, Thomson (Ga.) High School
Tutt wanted to commit to Alabama earlier this year, but he didn’t have a committable offer. He still doesn’t but is one to watch should the team miss on several cornerback targets.
• Seth Williams, 4-star wide receiver, Paul W. Bryant High School (Cottondale, Ala.)
The team would like to add one big-bodied receiver between Williams and Justyn Ross. Williams seems to be trending toward Auburn, while Clemson is looking good for Ross. This will be Williams’ second trip to Alabama this fall.
• Taulia Tagovailoa, 2019 4-star quarterback, Thompson High School (Alabaster, Ala.)
If Alabama wants Tagovailoa, Tua’s brother, to be its 2019 quarterback, he will commit to the Tide. It’s as simple as that.
• Clay Webb, 2019 5-star center/guard, Oxford (Ala.) High School
Webb is a major 2019 priority. Expect his decision to come down to Alabama or Auburn. I think Alabama wins out in the end.
Alabama commits headed to town
• Jalyn Armour-Davis, 4-star cornerback, St. Paul’s Episcopal (Mobile, Ala.)
• Skyler Delong, 3-star punter, Nation Ford (S.C.) High School
• Vernon Jackson, 3-star linebacker, Boling (Texas) High School
• Cameron Latu, 4-star Jack linebacker, Olympus High School (Salt Lake City)
• Quay Walker, 4-star linebacker, Crisp County High School (Cordele, Ga.)
Other notable visitors
• Army RB commit Elliott McElwain
• 3-star DB Kevontae’ Ruggs — Henry Ruggs III’s brother
• 3-star Tennessee LB commit Matthew Flint
• 2019 4-star DB Cortez Andrews
• 2019 Southern Miss RB commit Xavien Banks
• 2019 4-star OLB Mohamoud Diabate
• 2019 4-star LB Ge’mon Eaford
• 2019 4-star OL Amari Kight
• 2019 4-star CB Jalen Perry
• 2019 4-star WR Brandon Turnage
• 2019 3-star QB Paul Tyson
• 2020 4-star OL Tate Ratledge
• 2020 OL Brady Ward
Alabama coaches to see 2 top prospects on Friday
Only two assistants will be on the road Friday night to scout Alabama targets.
Defensive backs coach Derrick Ansley will be at Heard County in Franklin, Ga., to see 4-star quarterback Jones ahead of his official visit to Alabama this weekend.
As reported by SEC Country on Monday, 3-star running back Jerome Ford will have an Alabama coach on the sidelines. Wide receivers coach Mike Locksley will scout Ford, who has emerged as a top target for Alabama. The Crimson Tide staff have been impressed with Ford this season and see him as a change-of-pace back. Ford said South Florida leads, but it is expected that Alabama will become a threat for the Bulls target if he ends up visiting this fall.
Miss a previous edition? Find every post of SEC Country’s daily Roll Tide-ings recruiting notebook right here .
The post Breaking down the top storylines, visitors expected in Tuscaloosa for Tennessee game appeared first on SEC Country.