Welcome to The Podcast on the Plains, SEC Country’s daily Auburn football podcast with host Zac Blackerby. On the show Friday, Blackerby is joined by SEC Country’s Lauren Shute to preview Auburn’s matchup this weekend against Arkansas. On episode 50, the experts discuss the team’s leadership, the relationship between coaches and players, and the expectations for the SEC West game in Fayetteville.
Auburn football podcast: Tigers look to improve against Arkansas
Here are time marks to help you navigate the podcast:
- Start of the show: Blackerby and Shute point out that there is in fact a game this weekend for the Tigers and joke how it is not being talked about because fans are still upset about the loss at LSU. They also discuss how bad Arkansas has been this season.
- 8-minute mark: Shute talks about where the leadership is coming from in the locker room and which of the older guys are standing up and saying what needs to be said to the team.
- 13:40 mark: The experts talk about the “revenge” a lot of Arkansas people are talking about. They both think it is ridiculous to bring up the 56-3 beatdown from a year ago and use that as an argument as to why this game could be close.
- 16:30 mark: Blackerby and Shute talk about what Auburn could do this weekend to change fans’ opinion of this team. It may not be able to do anything this week.
- End of the show: The pair discusses Jarrett Stidham’s play in the LSU game.
Subscribe and listen to SEC Country’s daily Auburn Tigers on iTunes.
The post Auburn football podcast: Tigers look to improve against Arkansas appeared first on SEC Country.