AUBURN, Ala. — Auburn football is back in the top 10 for the first time in almost a year and it has a chance to snap a long-running losing streak this Saturday at LSU.
The No. 10 Tigers will travel to Death Valley this Saturday (3:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. CT on CBS) looking for their first road win over LSU since 1999 — 18 years ago. Auburn comes in as the hotter team, as it has scored 40-plus points in three straight SEC games, all blowout wins, for the first time in school history.
LSU regained some momentum last week in a low-scoring win over Florida in the Swamp. The Bayou Bengals will be looking for some more of that Baton Rouge magic this Saturday, as Auburn just hasn’t been able to get over the hump against LSU in Tiger Stadium.
Auburn kicks off a three-game road trip this weekend that could make or break its chances at a special season. Here’s your one stop for all of SEC Country’s coverage for this matchup between Auburn and LSU:
Talking to the Tigers
Auburn coach Gus Malzahn (Tuesday):
Auburn quarterback Jarrett Stidham (Sunday):
Auburn linebacker Tre’ Williams (Sunday):
Auburn defensive lineman Dontavius Russell (Sunday):
Auburn offensive lineman Austin Golson (Sunday):
Auburn H-back Chandler Cox (Sunday):
Auburn kicker Daniel Carlson (Sunday):
Auburn defensive back Tray Matthews (Tuesday):
Auburn wide receiver Ryan Davis (Tuesday):
News and analysis
- Auburn LG Mike Horton’s status still up in the air for Week 7 trip to LSU
- Defeating Death Valley: How Auburn football beat LSU in Baton Rouge 18 years ago
- How Auburn abruptly ended the Les Miles era at LSU
- Auburn’s Jarrett Stidham heading into second Death Valley as a changed quarterback
- Auburn football mailbag: Are Tigers for real or products of poor opponents?
- Sound Off: Will Auburn’s offense stay hot at LSU in Week 7?
- Gary Danielson: Auburn is a ‘legitimate threat to anyone’
- Glue guy: Austin Golson’s rare versatility holds together Auburn offensive line
- On the Beat: What to make of the constantly shifting Auburn-LSU narrative
- The ‘unique ability’ that makes Auburn’s Kerryon Johnson the nation’s top-scoring RB
- How Auburn football has changed its plan for injured RB Kamryn Pettway
- Injured Auburn LG Mike Horton, CB Javaris Davis, CB Jamel Dean will practice ahead of LSU trip
- Auburn’s Gus Malzahn doesn’t call media attention rat poison, but it’s a ‘challenge’ for coaches today
- What Gus Malzahn said ahead of Auburn’s trip to LSU: ‘It’s all about execution at this point’
- Auburn LB Deshaun Davis grew up loving LSU but found everything he dreamed of on the Plains
- Why Auburn’s prolific 2017 offense is on pace to be unlike any other in program history
- Auburn kicker Daniel Carlson earns POTW honor after becoming SEC’s all-time leading scorer
- Auburn RB Kerryon Johnson named SEC Offensive Player of the Week
- Auburn LB Tre’ Williams plans to play against LSU after aggravating injury
- Auburn defense packing ‘big-boy pants’ for looming trip to LSU’s Death Valley
The SEC Country Auburn team all predicted Auburn to snap its road losing streak at LSU by double-digits. Read our final score picks and reasoning here.
- Auburn football podcast: Voice of the Auburn Tigers sees great things in this team (Thursday)
- Auburn football podcast: Tigers played host to a new quarterback recruit Saturday (Wednesday)
- Auburn football podcast: Here’s what Kerryon Johnson needs to do to gain national attention (Tuesday)
- Auburn football podcast: Tigers starting to look like they did in 2013 (Monday)
The post Auburn football: News, analysis and predictions for LSU week appeared first on SEC Country.