Welcome to SEC Country’s daily Arkansas Razorbacks recruiting notebook . In this edition, we discuss Arkansas’ weekend visitors for the Auburn game.
Arkansas’ weekend visitors
Arkansas’ matchup with Auburn on Saturday will bring in several recruits to Fayetteville. The game will kick off at 6:30 p.m. CT inside Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.
Here’s the list of the top targets planning to be on campus this weekend:
- Jeremy Gibson, 2018 3-star RB, Riverside Academy (Reserve, La.): Arkansas’ running back commit with make his official visit this weekend. A positive experience this weekend will help solidify his pledge with his expecting signing date two months away.
2018 unofficial visitors
- Bumper Pool, 2018 4-star LB, Lovejoy (Lucas, Texas): The linebacker commit will make his second trip to Fayetteville this fall, and another of many throughout the past several years as a lifelong Razorbacks fan. He’s expected to be enrolled at Arkansas three months from now.
- Connor Noland, 2018 4-star QB, Greenwood (Ark.): Noland, the Hogs’ quarterback commit, will undoubtedly be on hand helping Arkansas recruit others Saturday. His commitment is as firm as it can be at this time.
- Emmit Gooden, 2018 3-star DL, Independence (Kan.) C.C.: Gooden is already committed, but this is still an important trip. There’s been some concern about his pledge the past few months, and while he insists he’s firmly committed, a positive experience this weekend could go a long way.
2019 unofficial visitors
- Daxton Hill, 2019 4-star DB, Booker T. Washington (Tulsa, Okla.): Hill coming to Fayetteville is huge news for the Razorbacks. He’s the No. 32 overall recruit in the 2019 class and the No. 2 safety in the class, behind fellow Arkansas target Brian Williams. Hill’s offer list currently includes Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma and many other top programs.
- Marcus Hicks, 2019 4-star DE, Northwest (Wichita, Kan.): Hicks is without an offer from Arkansas at this point. That could very well change once he’s on campus this week. He’s Kansas’ top recruit in the 2019 class with offers from Iowa, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas and others.
- Darius Thomas, 2019 4-star OL, Jonesboro (Ark.): Thomas is a recruit in the 2019 Natural State class the Hogs can’t afford to miss out on. He’ll be seeing two teams he already has offers from. A positive experience, and a win, would go a long way toward Arkansas keeping one of its top talents within the state.
Noland keeping things positive despite Hogs’ struggles
Arkansas’ 2-4 record and 0-3 mark in the SEC play has been unsettling for everyone close to the program. The good news is, the 2018 commits are apparently staying positive despite the poor start.
Noland, who talks with several Arkansas commits and targets on a regular basis, is among the ring-leaders preaching the positives of what’s to come rather than focusing on the current disappointments.
“We’re just saying, ‘Hey, we’re the change, and we’re going to come in here and we’re going to try and make a difference and be positive,’ ” Noland recently told WholeHogSports’ Richard Davenport.
JUCO OL Jahmir Johnson planning official visit for Missouri game
Arizona Western offensive lineman Jahmir Johnson has emerged as one of Arkansas’ top remaining targets in the 2018 class.
Johnson (6-foot-6, 290 pounds) received an offer from the Hogs on Oct. 3, as they actively looking for a junior college tackle to come in and play immediately. Missouri actually offered nine days later with offers from Kansas, Maryland, Minnesota, Tennessee, UCF and West Virginia coming in between. His offer total is now up to 11 FBS schools.
Miss a previous edition? Find every SEC Country daily Arkansas Razorbacks recruiting notebook right here.
The post Arkansas will have a big-time 2019 recruit on campus Saturday appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.