Arkansas is expected to sign most of its 11 committed 2018 recruits next week during the first early signing period.
The Razorbacks class has been undergoing some changes recently, with Chad Morris replacing Bret Bielema as coach. Under Morris, the Hogs have added three commitments and opted to no longer pursue some top targets of the previous staff.
Here’s an update on where things stand for the 2018 class:
Where Arkansas’ class ranks
Arkansas’ 2018 class is ranked No. 65 nationally and No. 13 in the SEC, according to the 247Sports composite. The Hogs have an average commit rating of 86.41, which ranks No. 35 nationally and No. 12 in the SEC.
In case you missed anything from this week, here are the latest recruiting headlines:
- Arkansas prioritizing speed in recruiting, and it’s coming with CB LaDarrius Bishop
- Chad Morris building Arkansas staff that can become recruiting force in Texas
- Arkansas 4-star QB target Gerry Bohanon Jr. believes Chad Morris will turn program around
- 4-star WR Joshua Moore considering Arkansas after Nebraska de-commitment
- Arkansas’ first Texas commits under Chad Morris a positive sign of what’s to come
- Chad Morris proves he’s making in-state recruits top priority
Chad Morris’ 2018 offers by the numbers
- Reported offers under Morris: 13
- 5-star offers: 0
- 4-star offers: 3
- In-state recruits offered: 2
- Texas recruits offered: 9
- QB Connor Noland, 4 stars, Greenwood (Ark.)
- LB Bumper Pool, 4 stars, Lovejoy (Lucas, Texas)
- ATH Sean Michael Flanagan, 3 stars, Charleston (Ark.)
- OL Luke Jones, 3 stars, Pulaski Academy (Little Rock, Ark.)
- CB LaDarrius Bishop, 3 stars, Ashdown (Ark.)
- WR Michael Woods, 3 stars, Magnolia (Texas)
- DL John Mincey, 3 stars, Clinch County (Homerville, Ga.)
- DL Isaiah Nichols, 3 stars, Springdale (Ark.)
- OL Noah Gatlin, 3 stars, Jonesboro (Ark.)
- OL Noah Banks, 3 stars, Iowa Western C.C.
- OL Silas Robinson, 3 stars, Yoakum (Texas)
Top uncommitted targets
- QB Gerry Bohanon Jr., 4 stars, Earle (Ark.)
- WR Joshua Moore, 4 stars, Yoakum (Texas)
- DB Jordan Moore, 3 stars, Yoakum (Texas)
- DL Billy Ferrell, 3 stars, Fordyce (Ark.)
Here’s a breakdown of the number of commits by position with SEC Country’s projection of how many will be signed:
- QB: 1/2 (Noland)
- RB: 0/0
- TE: 0/0
- WR: 1/2 (Woods)
- OL: 4/4 (Gatlin, Jones, Banks, Robinson)
- DL: 2/3 (Mincey, Nichols)
- LB: 1/2 (Pool)
- CB: 1/1 (Bishop)
- S: 1/2 (Flanagan)
Here’s a breakdown of Arkansas’ commits by state:
- Arkansas: 6 (Bishop, Flanagan, Gatlin, Jones, Nichols, Noland)
- Texas: 3 (Pool, Robinson, Woods)
- Georgia: 1 (Mincey)
- Iowa: 1 (Banks)
(Note: Banks is a Pensacola, Fla., native who was recruited from a junior college in Iowa.)
The post Arkansas football recruiting: Latest updates on the Razorbacks’ 2018 class appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.