Arkansas basketball will face Troy on Saturday night in front its fans in the central part of the state for the first and only time this season. The Hogs will host the Trojans inside the Verizon Arena in North Little Rock.
As of Friday morning, online tickets inside the 18,000-seat arena were sold out for the game. The Hogs have a 4-2 record in North Little Rock games under coach Mike Anderson.
Arkansas-Troy time and location
- Time: 7 p.m. CT
- Location: Verizon Arena; North Little Rock, Ark.
Arkansas-Troy how to watch
If you want to see Arkansas take on Troy, you’ll have to buy at ticket and be at the Verizon Center in person. The game is not being broadcast on TV.
Arkansas-Troy how to listen
The game will air on the Razorbacks Sports Network. Check local listings.
Arkansas-Troy live stats
Live stats for the game can be found by clicking here.
The Razorbacks are 7-2 on the season and coming off their most impressive of the campaign. They defeated then-No. 14 Minnesota 95-79 on Dec. 9 at Bud Walton Arena. The Hogs never trailed in the game as five players finished on double figures scoring.
Troy (5-5) enters on a two-game skid after falling to UAB and Southern Miss in its first contests of December. Both defeats were double-digit losses. Prior to those defeats, the Trojans’ other 3 losses were by 8 points or less. They were competitive, at least in the second half, in a 70-62 loss at Kentucky on Nov. 20.
Here are some other notes heading into the game:
- Scoring in bunches: The Razorbacks lead the SEC and are No. 16 nationally with 88.1 points per game. Five players are averaging at least 10 points per game, making the Hogs the only team in the SEC with that distinction. Senior guard Jaylen Barford leads the team with 19.9 points per game.
- No love in the rankings: The Hogs are yet to crack the Associated Press or coaches’ polls this season. However, they have the No. 8 RPI nationally behind the third-toughest strength of schedule.
- Freshman sensation: Freshman center Daniel Gafford is averaging 12.4 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.8 blocks per game this season on just 19.1 minutes per game. Gafford was named the SEC Freshman of the Week on Monday following a pair of dominant performances in the paint. He had 16 points, 7 rebounds and 6 blocks in the win over Minnesota. He also had 14 points and 6 rebounds in a victory over Colorado State last Tuesday.
- Tournament foe: Troy made the NCAA Tournament by way of winning the Sun Belt championship last season. It was just the second time in school history Troy earned a bid. The No. 15-seeded Trojans lost to Duke 87-65 in the Round of 64. Troy returned its top two scorers from last season — forward Jordon Varnado and guard Wesley Person. The Trojans were picked by the coaches to finish third in the Sun Belt this season.
Up next for Arkansas
Following their matchup with Troy, the Razorbacks return to Bud Walton Arena to host Oral Roberts on Tuesday, Dec. 19. Tipoff is set for 7 p.m. CT.
The post Arkansas basketball vs. Troy: Preview, TV, how to watch (December 16, 2017) appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.