FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — The Arkansas-Auburn football game Saturday matches two teams coming off difficult losses in SEC play.
The Razorbacks will host the Tigers on Saturday, October 21, 2017. Find game time, TV channel and information on how to watch online below.
Arkansas-Auburn game time, details
Date: Saturday, October 21
Time: 6:30 p.m. CT
Location: Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium, Fayetteville, Ark.
Line: Auburn -15.5
Which TV channel is Arkansas-Auburn on?
Arkansas and Auburn will be broadcast on SEC Network.
Can I watch Arkansas-Auburn online?
Arkansas and Auburn can be viewed online via WatchESPN. (Cable or satellite subscription required to log in.)
Where can I find Arkansas-Auburn on the radio?
This will be the first SEC home game for the Hogs (2-4, 0-3 SEC) after dropping their first three conference games — one at a neutral site and two true road games. They are coming off a 41-9 loss at No. 1 Alabama.
The Razorbacks have now lost six consecutive games against Power 5 competition. They’ve been outscored in the second half in each of those games and are 0-17 under embattled coach Bret Bielema when trailing at halftime.
Auburn (5-2, 3-1) lost at LSU, 27-23, last Saturday, a game in which it blew a 20-0 lead. Auburn fell 11 spots in the AP poll to No. 21 as a result of the defeat.
The Tigers own the series lead 14-11-1 over the Hogs. Auburn won the 2016 matchup, 56-3, by far the most lopsided outcome in series history. The Razorbacks won the last matchup in Fayetteville, 54-46, in four overtimes during the 2015 season.
Here are the keys to the game:
- Quarterback health: Hogs quarterback Austin Allen is considered questionable to play with a shoulder injury. He sustained the injury in the loss at South Carolina on Oct. 7. The senior was replaced by redshirt freshman Cole Kelley for the Alabama game. Making his first start, Kelley threw for 200 yards with a touchdown and an interception.
- Running wild: Auburn running back Kerryon Johnson leads the nation with 13 rushing touchdowns. Johnson is also averaging an SEC-best 132 yards per game. The junior did not play last season against the Hogs because of an injury, but Auburn still rushed for 543 yards in that game — the most ever allowed by the Razorbacks.
- Familiar territory: The last time the Hogs started 2-4 was in 2015. Arkansas ended that season 8-5 with a win in the Liberty Bowl. The turnaround that year began with a 54-46 win over Auburn in four overtimes. Like this matchup, that game was in Fayetteville and the seventh game of the season. Could this be the victory the Razorbacks need to turn around their season again?
- Back at home: The Razorbacks will have gone 343 days without an SEC home game before this game begins. Every other team in the conference has already played a league game at home; many of them have played two.
- Striking first: Auburn has scored first in all of its games this season, running its streak to scoring first in 11 straight games.
The post Arkansas-Auburn: Time, TV channel, watch online for Week 8 (October 21, 2017) game appeared first on SEC Country.