Saturday’s Arkansas-Alabama football game matches a woozy Razorbacks team against the most stable program in the country.
The Razorbacks travel to Tuscaloosa, Ala., to face the No. 1 Crimson Tide on Saturday, October 14, 2017. Find game time, TV channel and information on how to watch online below.
This will be the second consecutive SEC road game for the Razorbacks (2-3, 0-2 SEC) after a 48-22 loss at South Carolina last Saturday. The Hogs entered halftime trailing 17-10 against the Gamecocks, but three second-half turnovers resulted in touchdowns that turned the game into a blowout.
The Razorbacks have now lost five consecutive games against Power 5 competition. They’ve been outscored in the second half of each of those games, and are 0-16 under embattled coach Bret Bielema when trailing at halftime.
Alabama (6-0, 3-0 SEC) won 27-19 at Texas A&M last Saturday. Alabama has outscored its three conference opponents by a combined score of 152-22 this season.
Arkansas-Alabama game time, details
Date: Saturday, October 14
Time: 6:15 p.m. CT
Location: Bryant-Denny Stadium; Tuscaloosa, Ala.
Line: Alabama -28
Which TV channel is Arkansas-Alabama on?
Arkansas and Alabama will be broadcast on ESPN.
Can I watch Arkansas-Alabama online?
Arkansas and Alabama can be viewed online via WatchESPN. (Cable or satellite subscription required to log in.)
Where can I find Arkansas-Alabama on the radio?
- Quarterback health: Hogs quarterback Austin Allen is considered day-to-day with a shoulder injury. He sustained the injury in the loss to South Carolina. The senior has thrown a touchdown pass in 10 consecutive games, the longest active streak in the SEC. Allen threw for 400 yards with 3 touchdowns and 3 interceptions against Alabama last season.
- Series history: Alabama holds a 17-8 advantage, not including vacated victories, in the all-time series. Last season, the Crimson Tide won 49-30 in Fayetteville. Alabama has won nine in a row over the Hogs, the longest streak in series history. The Razorbacks last beat the Tide in 2006 and have never beaten an Alabama team coached by Nick Saban.
- Hogs vs. No. 1: The Razorbacks are facing the No. 1 team in the Associated Press poll for the 23rd time in school history. The Hogs’ last victory in such games came at LSU in 2007, when they beat the Tigers 50-48 in three overtimes.
More Arkansas-Alabama coverage
- SEC Country score predictions: Arkansas-Alabama
- Arkansas’ Austin Allen might be toughest QB in college football
- Don’t be ridiculous: Austin Allen should start vs. Alabama
- Bielema points to personnel, not coaching, for poor offensive line play
The post Arkansas-Alabama: Time, TV channel, watch online for Week 7 (October 14, 2017) appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.