TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Alabama football continues its SEC grind with a homecoming matchup against Arkansas on Saturday night.
Kickoff is set for 7:15 p.m. ET on ESPN. You can listen to the Alabama broadcast on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Eli Gold, Phil Savage and Chris Stewart on the call.
Alabama leads the all-time series 17-8 (after vacations). The Crimson Tide won the meeting last season 49-30.
Here are some pregame notes and observations:
- Minkah Fitzpatrick, Shaun Dion Hamilton and Bradley Bozeman are Alabama’s captains vs. Arkansas
- The 1992 national championship is being honored before the game. Clemson coach Dabo Swinney, who was a tight end on the team, made the trip to Tuscaloosa. Legendary coach Gene Stallings was able to make the trip as well. There was a huge cheer for both Swinney and Stallings when their names were called.
- Defensive back Tony Brown (knee) is dressed and going through warmups. Brown showed no signs of being limited. Brown lined up with the second-team defense.
- Defensive back Trevon Diggs (foot) is dressed and going through warmups. He fielded punts. Diggs showed no signs of being limited. Diggs warmed up with the second-team defense.
- J.C. Hassenauer is back at backup center with Brandon Kennedy (ankle) out.
- Prince Wimbley and George Teague, who were stars on the 1992 team, were honorary captains for the game.
Alabama is here pic.twitter.com/4SGMMDkFxN
— Marq Burnett (@Marq_Burnett) October 14, 2017
The post Alabama football: Injury updates, pregame notes ahead of Arkansas kickoff appeared first on SEC Country.