The Alabama Crimson Tide had no trouble disposing of Arkansas on Saturday, October 14, in Tuscaloosa, 41-9, on Saturday in Bryant-Denny Stadium.
After outscoring its two previous SEC opponents, 125-3, No. 1-ranked Alabama (7-0 overall, 4-0 SEC) had an easy time with it against the Razorbacks (2-4, 0-3).
Alabama football-Arkansas recap
- Alabama 41, Arkansas 9 (4Q, 3:03): Cole Kelley hits Jordan Jones for a 3-yard score as the game winds down.
- Early in the fourth quarter, freshman running back Najee Harris capped a drive with a tough four-yard touchdown run to make it 38-3. It gave Harris his second career touchdown.
- On its next possession, Alabama put in its second-team offense. The backups put together a drive that resulted in a 21 -yard field goal from kicker Andy Pappanastos to make it 41-3 midway through the fourth quarter.
THIRD QUARTER (Alabama 31, Arkansas 3)
- It took a while, but Arkansas finally got on the board late in the third quarter. Kicker Connor Limpert made a 30-yard field goal to make it 24-3 with 4:16 left in the third quarter.
- Late in the third quarter, Jalen Hurts threw a strike to freshman receiver Henry Ruggs for a 20-yard touchdown to make it 31-3. It was a nice play call and great execution.
SECOND QUARTER (Alabama 24, Arkansas 0)
- After the hot start, Alabama’s offense went cold for much of the second quarter. Jalen Hurts found the endzone late in the second on an 11-yard touchdown run to make it 24-0 just before the half.
- Arkansas quarterback Cole Kelley completed a 46-yard pass to receiver Jordan Jones to get into Alabama territory before the half end, but could not come away with points.
- Damien Harris had a strong first half: 94 yards, 2 touchdowns, 18.8 yards per carry.
FIRST QUARTER (Alabama 17, Arkansas 0)
- It took all of 15 seconds for Alabama to get on the scoreboard. On the first play from scrimmage, Alabama running back Damien Harris broke free for a 75-yard touchdown down the left sideline. It gave Harris his eighth touchdown of the season.
- After forcing Arkansas to punt, Alabama added a field goal on its next possession as kicker Andy Pappanastos connected on a 39-yard attempt to make it 10-0 early in the first quarter.
- Alabama’s third offensive possession was capped by a four-yard touchdown run from Harris. On the play, Harris juked a defender, threw a stiff arm and ran through a defender on his way to the endzone for his ninth score of the year.
Alabama-Arkansas football game time, details
- Time: 6:15 p.m. CT (7:15 p.m. ET)
- Date: Saturday, October 14, 2017
- Location: Bryant-Denny Stadium, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- Line: Alabama by 29.5
What TV channel is Alabama-Arkansas football on?
ESPN is televising the game.
How can I watch Alabama-Arkansas football online?
You can stream the game on the WATCHESPN app.
How can I listen to Alabama-Arkansas football on the radio?
You can listen to the Alabama broadcast on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Eli Gold, Phil Savage and Chris Stewart on the call.
Alabama-Arkansas football preview
- Heavy favorite: Alabama opened as a 29.5-point favorite against Arkansas, according to VegasInsider.com. That’s a ton of points, and there’s a chance it’s too low.
- Series history: Alabama leads the all-time series 17-8 (after vacations). The Crimson Tide won the meeting last season, 49-30.
- By the numbers: Alabama is the only team in the country ranked in the top 20 in scoring defense (fourth), scoring offense (10th), rushing defense (first), rushing offense (seventh), total defense (fifth) and total offense (19th).
- Unranked opponents: Alabama has won 71 consecutive games over unranked opponents. Arkansas is unranked
The post Alabama-Arkansas football: Recap, score for Week 7 game (10/14/2017) appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.