The Wildcats’ path has opened up for a very deep NCAA Tournament run, as the Wildcats are now the highest remaining seed in the top half of the south region. And the latest odds update on the national title odds reflect that, as Kentucky has shot up from +2800 before the tournament to now +1250, using Odds Shark.
Virginia was the pre-tournament favorite, but with the Cavaliers now eliminated, Villanova now has the top odds at +475. The other SEC teams with significant odds are Tennessee at +2650 and Auburn at +5500. And if you were feeling bold and wanted to ride the wave of UMBC, its NCAA Tournament odds are +55500.
Villanova faces a tough Alabama team on Saturday, which will be lead by Collin Sexton. Some have mentioned that Sexton bares a resemblance to Kemba Walker, another guard who famously led his 2011 Connecticut team to a national title. The Crimson Tide and Wildcats tip at 12:10 p.m. ET in Pittsburgh.
Kentucky meanwhile takes on No. 13 seed Buffalo in Boise, Idaho at 5:15 p.m. ET on CBS. The Wildcats beat Davidson in the first game of the Tournament, while Buffalo knocked off Arizona in another surprising upset.
Below you can see a complete list of the tournament favorites, as well as the game times for Saturday’s Second Round games.
2018 NCAA Tournament national title odds:
- Villanova: +475
- Duke: +575
- Michigan State: +825
- Kansas: +900
- Purdue: +1050
- Cincinnati: +1250
- Kentucky: +1250
- North Carolina: +1250
- Xavier: +1450
- Michigan: +1450
- Gonzaga: +1650
- Tennessee: +2650
- West Virginia: +2950
- Texas Tech: +4250
- Auburn: +5500
- UMBC: +55000
2018 NCAA Tournament: Schedule for Second Round games
- No. 1 Villanova vs. No. 9 Alabama | 12:10 p.m. ET | CBS | (Pittsburgh)
- No. 2 Duke vs. No. 7 Rhode Island | 2:45 p.m. ET | CBS | (Pittsburgh)
- No. 5 Kentucky vs. No. 13 Buffalo | 5:15 p.m. ET | CBS | (Boise, Idaho)
- No. 3 Tennessee vs. No. 11 Loyola | 6:10 p.m. ET | TNT | Dallas
- No. 1 Kansas vs. No. 8 Seton Hall | 7:10 p.m. ET | TBS | (Wichita, Kan.)
- No. 4 Gonzaga vs. No. 5 Ohio State | 7:45 p.m. ET | CBS | (Boise, Idaho)
- No. 3 Texas Tech vs. No. 6 Florida | 8:45 p.m. ET | TNT | Dallas
- No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 6 Houston | 9:45 p.m. ET | TBS | (Wichita, Kan.)
The post 2018 NCAA Tournament odds: Kentucky gets big bump following Virginia upset appeared first on SEC Country.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.