No. 4 seed Auburn basketball will play No. 13 seed College of Charleston on Friday, March 16, 2018, in the first round of the 2018 NCAA Tournament. Find game time, TV channel and how to watch online below.
After 15 years of waiting, Auburn basketball is back in the NCAA Tournament.
Auburn will square off Friday evening in San Diego against the College of Charleston, a trendy upset pick in the tricky 4-13 matchup. The CAA champion, led by coach Earl Grant, is coming in with more momentum than Auburn, which lost four of its final six games ahead of March Madness.
For Bruce Pearl, being in this event is nothing new. But it still means a lot to do it for the first time at Auburn.
“It’s great to be back to play for a National Championship,” Pearl said Thursday. “I was reminiscing with friends and family and counted up the fact that this is my 25th time as a manager or a student assistant or assistant coach and or head coach. It’s been a lot of fun getting to play in March. … I am beyond thrilled that Auburn was able to win a Championship in men’s basketball in the SEC.”
Auburn has had a full week since it last played, and the Tigers are hoping that layoff will get them to reset back to the way they played before a season-ending injury to center Anfernee McLemore.
The College of Charleston has a lot of firepower in guards Joe Chealey and Grant Riller, along with versatile power forward Jarrell Brantley. Auburn will look to counter with its star backcourt of Jared Harper, Bryce Brown and Mustapha Heron.
It’ll be a clash of styles — uptempo Auburn vs. methodical College of Charleston — with a spot in the Round of 32 on the line. The wait is over for the Tigers and their fans.
Auburn-College of Charleston game time, details
- Time: 6:27 p.m. CT
- Date: March 16, 2018
- Location: San Diego; Viejas Arena (12,414)
- Records: Auburn 25-7; College of Charleston 26-7
- Favorite: Auburn 9½
What TV channel is Auburn-College of Charleston on?
You can watch Auburn vs. College of Charleston on truTV. Carter Blackburn, Debbie Antonelli and John Schriffen will be on the call.
How can I watch Auburn-College of Charleston online?
Stream Auburn vs. College of Charleston online (if you are an eligible subscriber) via March Madness Live.
How can I listen to Auburn-College of Charleston on the radio?
You can listen to the Auburn Sports Network call of the Auburn basketball and College of Charleston game. The Auburn Sports Network also offers a stream on AuburnTigers.com and the TuneIn app.
Auburn-College of Charleston preview
- With those four losses in six — and the last one coming in lopsided fashion — Auburn basketball preached the need to hit a “reset button” ahead of the NCAA Tournament. The Tigers felt they did that over the last week.
- Auburn shooting guard Bryce Brown is “near” 100 percent health heading into the game Friday. Brown has battled foot and shoulder injuries this season and was just 1 for 8 from deep against Alabama in the SEC Tournament.
- Auburn is happy to be back in the NCAA Tournament, no doubt… but the Tigers have a bigger goal in mind this weekend in San Diego. Here it is.
- Pearl called Chealey, Riller and Brantley a “three-headed monster” this week. Those Cougars have been key to the team’s overall success this season. Auburn has made slowing them down a top priority this week.
- Auburn brought back contact practices this week. Here’s why that was important.
- The College of Charleston could cause a lot of problems for Auburn. But, judging by the way the bracket is set up, the Tigers could’ve been in a lot worse shape. Here’s how Auburn can take advantage of where the committee placed it this week.
- Finally, to kill some time before tip in San Diego, take a look back at the top 10 NCAA Tournament games in Auburn history.
The post 2018 NCAA Tournament: Auburn-College of Charleston time, TV channel, watch online (March 16, 2018) appeared first on SEC Country.