No. 4 seed Auburn basketball will play No. 5 seed Clemson on Sunday, March 18, 2018, in the second round of the 2018 NCAA Tournament. Find game time, TV channel and how to watch online below.
Bruce Pearl won’t mince words about his Auburn team heading into the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
“We didn’t execute,” Pearl said of Auburn’s 62-58 win over College of Charleston. “We didn’t shoot it very well. We had some pretty good looks. We didn’t take advantage of it, but I give College of Charleston credit. We’re going to have to play a lot better to be able to challenge Clemson [Sunday].”
It’s two days later now, and Auburn will have to find its offensive groove again on Sunday after its least efficient performance of the season. The Tigers won with defense, surviving a rough-looking game with clutch stops and big rebounds down the stretch.
Those Tigers will find a Clemson team Sunday in the second round that is a hybrid of College of Charleston and themselves. Clemson doesn’t play at a high pace and is led by its guards. It also, like Auburn, has four different players that score in double figures, lost a top forward to injury in the regular season and has a growing talent level in what has been a breakout campaign.
The game might come down to which of the two star-studded backcourts shoots better. Clemson had much more success in its Friday night first-round win over New Mexico State than Auburn, but Pearl sees a turnaround coming for his Tigers.
“We have no choice — we’ve got to be able to knock down shots, and we have to get better looks,” Pearl said. “And, believe it or not, we have to be more patient not to shoot the first one that’s open.”
Auburn-Clemson game time, details
- Time: 6:10 p.m. CT
- Date: March 18, 2018
- Location: San Diego; Viejas Arena (12,414)
- Records: Auburn 26-7; College of Charleston 24-9
- Favorite: Auburn, minus-1
What TV channel is Auburn-Clemson on?
You can watch Auburn vs. Clemson on TBS. Carter Blackburn, Debbie Antonelli and John Schriffen will be on the call.
How can I watch Auburn-Clemson online?
Stream Auburn vs. Clemson online (if you are an eligible subscriber) via March Madness Live.
How can I listen to Auburn-Clemson on the radio?
You can listen to the Auburn Sports Network call of the Auburn basketball and Clemson game. The Auburn Sports Network also offers a stream on AuburnTigers.com and the TuneIn app.
- Auburn won’t change its offensive style, even after missing the vast majority of its shots against College of Charleston. Clemson’s 3-point defense ranks 228th nationally, so this is a key area where the Tigers can take advantage.
- A wire-to-wire champion in the SEC during the regular season, Auburn is one of just three conference teams still left in the tournament. Each of the last three wire-to-wire SEC champions have at least reached the Elite Eight.
- Auburn basketball survived and advanced past the College of Charleston on Friday with a huge defensive effort. While the Tigers know they must play better on offense in the second round, they know the key to winning in March is making stops.
- Freshman point guard Davion Mitchell proved he could be reliable in the NCAA Tournament on Friday, playing 20 minutes in relief of foul-troubled starter Jared Harper. Auburn is 12-0 this season when Mitchell plays at least 20 minutes off the bench.
- Keep an eye on the end of Auburn’s bench on Sunday night for injured center Anfernee McLemore. The Georgia native has been instrumental in boosting the Tigers’ morale during their late-season slide and quick turnaround here in San Diego. Check out what he had to say following the first round.
The post 2018 NCAA Tournament: Auburn-Clemson time, TV channel, watch online (March 18, 2018) appeared first on SEC Country.