The restaurant and ice cream chain will collect donations for the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals in lieu of charging for the cone, Dairy Queen officials said in a release. Participating Dairy Queen locations will serve each customers one free small vanilla soft-serve cone with the signature curl on top (limit one per customer while supplies last) during regular business hours on Tuesday.
“Last year’s success of Free Cone Day surpassed all expectations and we have our fans to thank for that,” a Dairy Queen spokesman said. “Together we raised $140,000 in one day for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and we averaged serving more than 1,330 cones per store. We are looking to surpass those numbers this year.”
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals raises funds for 170 children’s hospitals across the U.S. and Canada.
On Tuesday, March 15th, DQ is bringing #SummerNow on #FreeConeDay. The day where DQ gives a free small vanilla cone to every Fan in America.Posted by Dairy Queen on Wednesday, March 9, 2016
- Naked woman dancing on 18-wheeler stops traffic
- Must-see: Hero Pirates fan saves boy from flying baseball bat
- Bizarre' Kepler discovery could be alien megastructure
- Wahlburgers to open 30 locations nationwide
- Shocking video: Garbage truck plummets 100 feet off Florida highway