Just watching this video might give you the heebie-jeebies!
A man in Australia was enjoying a sunny day on his porch, playing on his phone, unaware of a deadly presence right below his feet.
A lethal brown snake had found its way onto the porch and was slithering right under the man’s feet, well within striking distance.
But lucky for the man, he either has a very brave or too curious pup.
Within seconds, his dog runs up behind him, chasing the venomous reptile.
The appearance of his large pup alerts the otherwise unaware man to the brown snake, causing him to jump out of his chair and make a speedy escape.
Brown snakes are the 2nd deadliest in the world, with venom that causes renal failure, paralysis, and cardiac arrest.
To make it worse, the reptiles are known for their speed and aggression.
Mobile users see video here.
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.