Workers shocked to find two dead snakes in electrical box

When workers opened the electrical box, they were greeted by two dead snakes. One snake had slithered across two hot terminals and was electrocuted.

The second snake bit the first snake and received a fatal jolt as well.

>> Read more trending stories

The city of Morganton posted the information on its Facebook page.

Electric Services director Brooks Kirby said his workers come across fried snakes every two or three years, but even one encounter is too many.

The home is scheduled to be demolished.

City of Morganton Electric Services Department Workers were in for a surprise last week when they went to disconnect...

Posted by City of Morganton, NC Government on Monday, April 4, 2016

Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X