A herd of buffalo apparently protecting a newborn calf drove a lion up a tree, and a man on safari captured the moment in an amazing photo. (Source: Bancroft.tv)
Charles Comyn, 63, was on safari in the Maasai Mara of Kenya with his wife, when the buffalo sensed the stalking lion and gave chase.
The lion ran up a tree and clung to it until it began trembling and sliding down. The big cat was able to leap down and make a run for it, disappearing into the bush.
It was only after the lion fled and the buffalo resumed grazing that the safari group realized there was a newborn in their group.
- Man comes home to find neighbor has taken half his driveway
- Man holds carjacking suspect at gunpoint until police arrive
- Teen meets American soldier who saved her from Saddam Hussein
- Autopsy inconclusive for boy found dead in park swing pushed by mom
- Mom Facebook shames daughter after racy pics surface