Photo: Picsfive/Getty Images/iStockphoto
Photo: Picsfive/Getty Images/iStockphoto

Hair spray can explodes in hot car, cracks windshield

On closer observation, Karmen Ayres discovered that it was a can of hair spray she had accidentally left in the backseat of the car, KGW reported.

>> Read more trending stories

"It launched like a rocket," Ayres told KGW. She was surprised that the can could explode with such force and do that much damage to her car. 

High temperatures caused the can to explode. KGW reported that it reached the low-90s in the Vancouver area Tuesday. 

Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.

Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.

X