It doesn’t seem possible, but a 4-year-old mixed breed dog named Vince ate a pair of calf-high women’s Frye boots last Friday.
Vince underwent emergency surgery Saturday to remove the huge volume of leather, which was too big to pass through his small intestines.
A veterinarian involved in Vince’s treatment was stunned.
“These X-rays are absolutely remarkable, especially given that you can see and count the number of eyelets on the boots,” said Dr. Laura Tseng, a board-certified specialist in critical care and emergency medicine with VSEC. “The sheer volume of what he ate is impressive and caused a very serious emergency situation”. (Source: MyFoxPhilly.com)
Thank you for reading the Springfield News-Sun and for supporting local journalism. Subscribers: log in for access to your daily ePaper and premium newsletters.
Thank you for supporting in-depth local journalism with your subscription to the Springfield News-Sun. Get more news when you want it with email newsletters just for subscribers. Sign up here.