Springfield teen admits to school threat

March 06, 2018

A Springfield High School student has admitted guilt in a school threat.

The 17-year-old female junior pleaded guilty to inducing panic in Clark County Juvenile Court.

She will be sentenced later this month, and remains in juvenile jail.

"She caused a great deal of fear for the students at Springfield High School, as well as other high schools with the same initials across the United States,” said Assistant Clark County Prosecutor Bill Merrell.

RELATED: Teen accused in Springfield school threat makes court appearance

Juvenile Judge Robert Vaughn said previously the potential penalty is between one year to until she is 21 years old in the Ohio Department of Youth Services.

The teen’s vague social media threat to shoot up a “SHS” school sent alarm across multiple states, all of which have many schools that start with the letter “S.”