The child's mother told police she went to work at 9 a.m. Sunday and left the child with an aunt, WJW reported. When the woman returned, she said the toddler was unresponsive and limp and took her to a hospital, Cleveland.com reported. Hospital staff gave her naloxone, the opioid overdose reversal drug, because they feared the child may have overdosed, the website reported.
The mother and aunt said they did not know how the child got alcohol in her system, WJW reported.
No charges have been filed yet, police said.