Denver's KDVR reports that James Moss moved to Denver with his son, Zhi, after a friend told him about a job opportunity and offered him a place to stay. But before he landed in his new city, the offer fell through.
“It seemed like everything I was trying to do was falling apart,” Moss said.
Moss was living in a shelter with his son when Leon Logothetis approached him. Logothetis is a writer, motivational speaker and philanthropist who is on tour to spread kindness and shares his experiences on YouTube.
He presented Moss with $1,000 in a heartwarming viral video, which has been viewed more than 800,000 times. Moss immediately broke down in tears. Moss, who had been living in a shelter with his son, said the money would go a long way to help them.
And the generosity didn’t stop there. A woman who saw the video created a GoFundMe page for Moss. So far, it has raised more than $38,000.
Moss and his son have since moved out of the shelter, thanks to the kindness of yet another stranger. His new boss also allows Moss to bring his son to work.
- Couple married 22 years discover they're pregnant, deliver 1 hour later
- Dog travels 2 days, walks 11 miles, to return to foster mom
- Grandmother shreds money, cuts heirs out of inheritance
- Preschool sweethearts meet online 30 years later
- Why are some Christians protesting the new Starbucks holiday cups?