Royal wedding: Prince Harry, Meghan Markle announce bridal party


Prince George and Princess Charlotte are among the six bridesmaids and four pageboys who will accompany Meghan Markle and Prince Harry as they walk down the aisle Saturday in England, the royal family announced Wednesday.

>> Read more trending news

Kensington Palace officials named the 10-person bridal party, made up entirely of children, who will attend the royal nuptials at Windsor Castle’s St. George’s Chapel.

The bridesmaids include 3-year-old Princess Charlotte, the daughter of Prince William and his wife, the former Kate Middleton. The princess served as a flower girl last year when Kate’s sister, Pippa, got married.

>> Royal wedding: Who will walk Meghan Markle down the aisle?

Two of Prince Harry’s goddaughters were also announced as bridesmaids: 3-year-old Florence van Cutsem and 2-year-old Zalie Warren. Two of Markle’s goddaughters also made the list: 6-year-old Remi Litt and her sister, 7-year-old Rylan Litt, daughters of Benita and Darren Litt. Markle has previously called the girls her “fairy god-daughters,” Vanity Fair reported.

>> Royal Wedding: Everything to know before Prince Harry marries Meghan Markle

Ivy Mulroney, the 4-year-old daughter of Markle’s best friend, Canadian stylist Jessica Mulroney, and her husband, Ben, will also accompany the bride down the aisle. The Mulroney’s two sons, 7-year-old twins Brian and John, will serve as pageboys for Saturday’s festivities.

Prince George, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’s eldest child, will also be a pageboy Saturday. He held the same role last year during Pippa Middleton’s wedding. Prince Harry’s godson, 6-year-old Jasper Dyer, was also named as a page boy.

>> Meghan Markle won't have a maid of honor at royal wedding

A spokesman for the royal family said earlier this month that Markle decided against having a maid of honor for her big day because she was wary of choosing favorites amongst her close-knit friend group, People reported.

>> Prince Harry asks Prince William to be best man at royal wedding to Meghan Markle

Prince Harry last month asked his brother to serve as his best man, seven years after he served as best man during Prince William’s marriage to Kate Middleton. Prince William accepted.


Reader Comments ...


Next Up in Nation World

Ex-Disney World dancer claims she was fired over pregnancy in lawsuit
Ex-Disney World dancer claims she was fired over pregnancy in lawsuit

A former aerial dancer at Walt Disney World has sued the resort alleging gender discrimination, saying she was fired after she became pregnant with twins and went on an 11-month leave. Krista Crowder filed the lawsuit in state court in Orlando, Florida, last week. It doesn't specify how much money she seeks. In the lawsuit, Crowder said she...
Air Quality Alert for some today; storms and humidity to end week
Air Quality Alert for some today; storms and humidity to end week

Butler and Warren counties are under a Air Quality Alert from 6 a.m. until 9 p.m. today.  Nice again today with highs in mid-80s Clouds roll in and humidity rises tonight Thunderstorms over weekend, possibly severe Friday Today: Mostly sunny skies are expected with some increase in clouds late in the day and evening...
Husband, wife accused of raping children, committing sex crimes over 10-year span
Husband, wife accused of raping children, committing sex crimes over 10-year span

A west Tennessee husband and wife are accused of committing sex crimes against children over a 10-year span. John and Dava Henley are charged with two counts of rape and four counts of aggravated sexual battery.  John Henley is also charged with aggravated rape of a child and rape of a child, according to the indictments. Investigators...
Fort Hunter Liggett tent collapse: 22 injured at California military base, officials say
Fort Hunter Liggett tent collapse: 22 injured at California military base, officials say

More than 20 people were injured late Wednesday when a tent collapsed at Fort Hunter Liggett in California, officials said. Update 2:26 a.m. EDT July 19: According to the military base’s official Twitter account, 22 soldiers were hurt when “a U.S. Army UH-60 Blackhawk helicopter landing’s rotor wash blew over a tent structure&rdquo...
1 hospitalized after mobile home fire in Clark County
1 hospitalized after mobile home fire in Clark County

UPDATE @ 3:15 a.m: One person was transported to an area hospital after a fire occurred at a mobile home in South Vienna early Thursday morning. Fire crews responded to the 10000 block of Buena Vista Road just after 2 a.m. on a fully involved trailer fire, according to initial reports. Damage estimates were not immediately available, however,...
More Stories