A 10-year-old woke up to find a man attempting to pull her through the bedroom window of her home in Elyria, Ohio.
Police said the man was pulling on her legs and when she woke up he told her if she cooperated he would not hurt her or her family. The little girl managed to wiggle away and ran to her father for help, WEWS reported.
Her dad was unable to catch the intruder but discovered that a step ladder from the yard was propped up against his daughter’s unlocked window and his foot prints were still fresh in the snow.
Police report he called 911 at approximately 3:45 am. The suspect, described as a white man in his 30s with brown eyes and wearing a black hoodie, is still on the loose but local police are working with the FBI to capture him.
“It’s important he gets caught, so no other kids are taken, I can’t believe this,” the girl’s father told WEWS.
His daughter told reporters “It’s the scariest thing I’ve ever been through in my life.”
- Passengers applaud as boy, mom and terminally ill father are removed from plane
- Moldy sippy cups have parents disgusted and angry
- JCPenney announces 1-cent sales promotion
- St. Louis Archdiocese urges Catholics not to support Girl Scouts
- Man dies in jail after being arrested for unpaid medical bills