Australia, notoriously known as home for scary creatures, has discovered a new type of spider and aptly named it Brian.
Brian, aka Dolomedes briangreenei, stands on top of the water and uses the vibrations it feels to find and stalk prey.
When the arachnid targets a creature to devour, it runs across the water to nab it.
The spider then drags the prey underwater before swimming back to shore to consume it.
Brian is big enough to eat fish, frogs and even large cane toads but poses no threat to humans.
- Applebee's waiter serves 3 kids alcoholic root beer
- Police: 'Runaway' teen sisters found after 11 months were actually kidnapped
- Mother accused of punching principal for yelling at her child
- Heartbreaking photo: Deputy comforts mother whose daughter was killed in crash
- Toddler dies after anti-vaccine parents allegedly treated his meningitis with maple syrup