Talk about a close call.
A quick-thinking Pittsburgh Pirates fan is being called a hero after he saved a boy from a flying baseball bat at a Saturday spring training game in Kissimmee, Florida.
According to the Bleacher Report, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review photographer Christopher Horner captured the moment when the man blocked the bat from slamming into the child's face at the Pirates-Braves game. The image, which Horner shared on Twitter, has been retweeted hundreds of times.
The Pirates were playing the Atlanta Braves at the Braves' spring training stadium in Florida.
The man and boy in the photo were not identified. (The Pirates won, 9-6.)
- LAPD: Knife at O.J. Simpson property is being tested
- Rory Feek shares heartbreaking message after wife, Joey, dies
- Child calls 911 for help. Wait until you find out why
- Python is stuffed after it has a bear of a snack
- Homeless man lands job after handing out his resume