Finding a penny might not just mean good luck. It’s purchasing power.
Retailer JCPenney is selling some items for 1 cent starting Sunday, and other items will be available on a buy one, get one for 1 cent discount.
The “Get your Penney’s worth” promotion is aimed at getting shoppers into the struggling retailer’s doors for the deeply discounted items.
The company cut about 300 jobs at its headquarters in Plano, Texas, and closed about 40 stores nationwide in 2015, affecting the jobs of thousands, according to ABC News.
“In order to encourage trial, and introduce more customers to the quality and style associated with brands such as Arizona and JCPenney Home, we are hosting a unique promotional event called Penney Days,” Mary Beth West, JCPenney chief customer and marketing officer, told Today.com.
The first weeklong Penney Days event starts Sunday and will feature Arizona brand apparel and accessories for buy one, get one for a penny. Future events will include in-store items available for 1 cent, with no additional purchase required.
- Passengers applaud as boy, mom and terminally ill father are removed from plane
- Moldy sippy cups have parents disgusted and angry
- Business owner: All employees required to get concealed weapons license
- Man dies in jail after being arrested for unpaid medical bills
- JetBlue offers passengers a free trip, but there's a catch