A hoverboard is the apparent cause of a house fire in Ohio that has displaced a family.
The personal tranportation vehicle caught fire and the flames spread early Saturday morning while children were sleeping in the basement of the home, according to Huber Heights Batallion Chief Kevin Foley.
“The homeowner said that the hoverboard exploded and caught fire,” Foley said.
Everyone was out of the house by the time crews arrived and no one was injured.
The fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damage to the basement and sent smoke billowing throughout the home.
Because smoke poured into the upper levels of the home, the family will have to find temporary shelter, Foley said.
The incident remains under investigation.