U.S. senators love bringing props to the Senate floor.
Remember Oklahoma Sen. Jim Inhofe throwing a snowball on the floor to mock climate change?
Today Arizona Sen. John McCain used a photo of a giant catfish to help make his point, blasting a $14 million catfish promotion office in the USDA.
He's supporting an amendment this week to cut the program he calls wasteful and absurd, "costing taxpayers unending dollars per year."
Senators from the south say the office helps catfish farmers compete internationally.
Twitter lit up with news of his fishy presentation:
- Starbucks employee's epic rant caught on camera
- Hundreds of drivers ticketed under new “Slow Poke Law”
- Senior prank involving pineapples takes over yearbook
- This dog’s reaction to the new baby crying is just too sweet
- Five biker gangs involved in Texas shootout that left nine dead